Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jun 2015
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts : 193
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Oct 2015 #11

    BorisTheAnimal said: View Post
    Oh and another thing, while it happened I couldn't access the setup for the modem/router, I don't know if this means anything just thought I would shout it out.
    Most modems have a default login that is standard. Google for your make and model.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6,885
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Oct 2015 #12

    BorisTheAnimal said: View Post
    Oh and another thing, while it happened I couldn't access the setup for the modem/router, I don't know if this means anything just thought I would shout it out.
    Sounds like you need to enable IPv6 on your computer. Then go into the modem/router setup and see if there is an option to disable IPv6 on the modem/router (if you internet provider does not required IPv6). If IPv6 is disabled on the modem/router then it shouldn't matter if IPv6 is enabled or not on the computer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2015
    127.0.0.1
    Posts : 88
    Windows 7 Professional x64
       14 Oct 2015 #13

    Hmm, i'm no network guy but try to update the drivers for your preferred Local Area Network. I would go for just using the PCI one as i'm certain that it's faster than the motherboards built-in WiFi.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 375
    Windows 10 Home
       14 Oct 2015 #14

    Kanata said: View Post
    Most modems have a default login that is standard. Google for your make and model.
    No what I mean is that when this error whatever it is happens, I cannot get to the modem login page, the default gateway doesn't work nor does it work by typing in my preferred ipv4 ip address.

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Sounds like you need to enable IPv6 on your computer. Then go into the modem/router setup and see if there is an option to disable IPv6 on the modem/router (if you internet provider does not required IPv6). If IPv6 is disabled on the modem/router then it shouldn't matter if IPv6 is enabled or not on the computer.
    Um huh I can bet ya that you earlier suggested me to turn off ipv6 and now you are telling me to turn it back on..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 375
    Windows 10 Home
       14 Oct 2015 #15

    Laith said: View Post
    Hmm, i'm no network guy but try to update the drivers for your preferred Local Area Network. I would go for just using the PCI one as i'm certain that it's faster than the motherboards built-in WiFi.
    I'm not on WiFi, I'm using a cable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    127.0.0.1
    Posts : 88
    Windows 7 Professional x64
       14 Oct 2015 #16

    Then update your cable drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 375
    Windows 10 Home
       14 Oct 2015 #17

    Laith said: View Post
    Then update your cable drivers.
    Tried that and says both are up to date though the pci one does however only have compatibility with XP and 7 according to the TP-Link site..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    127.0.0.1
    Posts : 88
    Windows 7 Professional x64
       14 Oct 2015 #18

    Hmm, re-install.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6,885
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Oct 2015 #19

    BorisTheAnimal said: View Post
    Um huh I can bet ya that you earlier suggested me to turn off ipv6 and now you are telling me to turn it back on..
    I'm only telling you to turn it back on on the client, so that maybe you can communicate with the router and turn it off at the source.

    Is the router/modem supplied by your Internet Provider? Have you tried calling them about the issue?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 375
    Windows 10 Home
       15 Oct 2015 #20

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    I'm only telling you to turn it back on on the client, so that maybe you can communicate with the router and turn it off at the source.

    Is the router/modem supplied by your Internet Provider? Have you tried calling them about the issue?
    Oh okay, right hm well shall try it now.

    And yes it is supplied by my ISP and no I haven't yet called them about this issue, thought I would first give it a go myself though I get a feeling that the modem isn't the problem here, it's more my computer.

    When this happens I still have access through the phones and stuff.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration
So... I just updated from win 7 to win 10, as I got it for free. All went smoothly, but there was no ethernet connection. I'm running a custom built pc, connected to my router via ethernet cable. At first windows detected the cable, but said:...
Network and Sharing
IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?
Hi guys, I have a self built desktop that I only connect to the internet with using WiFi. But lately the connection on this PC is very intermittent and this is the only device in my house with this problem (so it's not the modem/router?). My PC has...
Network and Sharing
Windows Insider key no longer valid?
Hello Woke up this am and says my computer was not activated. Logged out and logged in. Yes logged in to my Microsoft account. says i am not connected to internet. clearly I am because i can surf websites. Few hours later i tried to activate...
Windows Insider
Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????
Hi there I tried re-installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise that I downloaded from TechNet during my subscription --it's the VL multiple activation one. The Keys don't activate it any more -- I've only activated it about 3 times and it IS a VL one...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved I can't install W10. It says my disk is not valid.
Hi, I never saw something like this. It says that there is someproblem with my disk, in all of the partitions. I can't remember the exact message, but it was something with an acronym such as GTMP problem. This laptop is one year old, runs...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums