Windows 10: WiFi connection Limited when not using Wireless LAN card Solved


  1. Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit
       09 Sep 2015 #1

    WiFi connection Limited when not using Wireless LAN card


    Hello, as the titles says, if I connect to a WiFi using my laptop WiFi connection , the connection is unstable and sometimes the WiFi becomes limited. But if I use a Wireless LAN card (TP-LINK - 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter TW-WN721N) the WiFi becomes very stable and no limited problem nor disconnection. Any idea whats the problem? Is it something wrong with my hardware? Please advice, not my knowledge regarding this issues. Thank you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.198
       10 Sep 2015 #2

    Hi have you run trouble shooter to see if that will find it, it may be able to point you in the right direction and if it is a driver problem then go to Auslogics Driver Updater they do a free version and it will install the latest drivers for you
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       10 Sep 2015 #3

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Hi have you run trouble shooter to see if that will find it, it may be able to point you in the right direction and if it is a driver problem then go to Auslogics Driver Updater they do a free version and it will install the latest drivers for you
    I do.
    I have try a lot of things.I also installed different version of drivers for the past few weeks. I mean I been doing testing, nothing work so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Sep 2015 #4

    Try changing your power option to high performance, I've seen a couple of posts regarding this.

    Roy
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       10 Sep 2015 #5

    hawkman said: View Post
    Try changing your power option to high performance, I've seen a couple of posts regarding this.

    Roy
    I always on high performance, ha ha.
    And I also check my network setting or device setting, I uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       13 Sep 2015 #6

    Bump.
    Anyone have any idea?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 Sep 2015 #7

    No one can really say what is wrong. If you have tried several drivers with no improvement then it would seem to be a hardware issue.

    If it were mine I would have a go at re-seating the wifi card (they are usually socketed) and make sure the aerial was still attached.

    But, then, I am comfortable with this level of hardware work.

    It may be that it will have to go to a repair shop.

    Or you can stay with the USB device.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       17 Sep 2015 #8

    linw said: View Post
    No one can really say what is wrong. If you have tried several drivers with no improvement then it would seem to be a hardware issue.

    If it were mine I would have a go at re-seating the wifi card (they are usually socketed) and make sure the aerial was still attached.

    But, then, I am comfortable with this level of hardware work.

    It may be that it will have to go to a repair shop.

    Or you can stay with the USB device.
    I guess the easiest way is to go to a repair shop and get a checkup instead of keep trying different kind of method and still not yet found a solution. Thanks for the reply
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm. The problem is from the software itself I guess because other devices seem to be working fine...
Wireless Card crashes PC in Network and Sharing
Hey, I'm not too sure if this is a bug however I run via Ethernet and when I try to disable my wireless connection (not connected) or even try to update it it completely crashes my PC, does anyone have the same issue or know a fix for this, thanks.
I am about to clean install win 10 on my Toshiba satellite laptop and I was wondering if the new OS will see my wireless adapter card that just recently my win 7 machine does not. Assuming the card is not kaput does anyone think it will ? Thank...
Hey guys, I just upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything are working perfectly other than the wifi connection. When I am connected to a wifi connection it always state as a limited connection. I just did everything that I can. Help...
Hi, I'm running 64bit Win 10 and I downloaded the latest Wireless drivers direct from the driver manager and my connection is fine and stable (except I have to manually re-connect every time I restart my computer :mad:) Besides that my...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49.
Find Us