Network Status window (Windows settings) disappeared always

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64
       #1

    Network Status window (Windows settings) disappeared always


    Hi all, does anybody know why every time I click "Status" (Red circle one), the window flashes back and disappears immediately? There is no problem for other options.

    Thanks in advance.

    Network Status window (Windows settings) disappeared always-untitled.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,728
    Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2
       #2

    Your screenshot suggests you have renamed your network or adapter and perhaps changed some other properties of adapter which may be the cause.

    Do you recall changing this and what it was?

    Are you using VPN software or proxy services?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17,041
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #3

    I suggest running SFC as a first step.
    SFC - TenForumsTutorials
    Use Option 3 including, if there are irreparable errors, going online to run the DISM command explained at the end of Option 3.

    Then consider resetting the Settings app itself
    Reset Settings App - TenForumsTutorials


    Best of luck,
    Denis
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64
    Thread Starter
       #4

    zebal said:
    Your screenshot suggests you have renamed your network or adapter and perhaps changed some other properties of adapter which may be the cause.

    Do you recall changing this and what it was?

    Are you using VPN software or proxy services?
    Yes, I renamed the adapter recently (Red circle ones) by command "Rename-NetAdapter -Name "Current Name" -NewName "New Name" in powershell", how can I do now? (I forgot the old name)

    Are you using VPN software or proxy services? No.

    Network Status window (Windows settings) disappeared always-image_2023-06-13_204725883.png

    - - - Updated - - -

    Try3 said:
    I suggest running SFC as a first step.
    SFC - TenForumsTutorials
    Use Option 3 including, if there are irreparable errors, going online to run the DISM command explained at the end of Option 3.

    Then consider resetting the Settings app itself
    Reset Settings App - TenForumsTutorials


    Best of luck,
    Denis
    Tried but no help, thanks
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,728
    Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2
       #5

    Suggested to reset network, see this tutorial:
    Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

    It's important that you do not interrupt waiting period of 5 min.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    zebal said:
    Suggested to reset network, see this tutorial:
    Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

    It's important that you do not interrupt waiting period of 5 min.
    Tried but no help

    P.S. I use option 2 (CMD) since I cannot go to status page to click reset button
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,728
    Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2
       #7

    OK, let's try resetting settings app then:
    How to Reset Settings App in Windows 10
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 17,041
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #8

    zebal said:
    OK, let's try resetting settings app then:
    How to Reset Settings App in Windows 10
    The OP reported doing that but it made no difference.

    Denis
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,728
    Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2
       #9

    Try3 said:
    The OP reported doing that but it made no difference.
    Apologies, I saw the SFC portion you suggested but missed the app reset portion beneath.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 17,041
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #10

    tkrojam,

    Try3 said:
    Then consider resetting the Settings app itself
    Reset Settings App - TenForumsTutorials
    Did you, by any chance, also miss the advice to reset the Settings app?


    Denis
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums