HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. yahanna's Avatar
    Posts : 544
    10
       #1

    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME


    Hi guys.. I don't know why I don't have internet anymore on my PC. I tried using a different ethernet cable, system restore to a previous state and uninstalling the network driver. None of these helps. The router seems to work fine since I'm getting wifi out of it although the issue us with the ethrnet cable.

    The light on the port of the modem flashes green. The light on the port on the PC is solid orange with another light above it is flashing yellow. I don't know what this means exactly.

    Is there a way to find out if the internet port on the motherboard is damaged?

    .
      My Computer

  2. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 7,016
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #2

    Do other devices access the internet OK?
      My Computers

  3. Matthew Wai's Avatar
    Posts : 6,613
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #3

    Does the OP have a USB Ethernet adapter?
      My Computer

  4. eLPuSHeR's Avatar
    Posts : 2,657
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #4

    Open Device Manager and look for any yellow exclamation mark, specially for network adapter.
      My Computer

  5. tomdsr's Avatar
    Posts : 377
    10 Pro/11 Pro Dual Boot
       #5

    yahanna said:
    Hi guys.. I don't know why I don't have internet anymore on my PC. I tried using a different ethernet cable, system restore to a previous state and uninstalling the network driver. None of these helps. The router seems to work fine since I'm getting wifi out of it although the issue us with the ethrnet cable.

    The light on the port of the modem flashes green. The light on the port on the PC is solid orange with another light above it is flashing yellow. I don't know what this means exactly.

    Is there a way to find out if the internet port on the motherboard is damaged?

    .
    Well, looking at the manual for your motherboard, if it is MSI H110M gaming, your port on the motherboard does not appear damaged. I put a red box around the colors you said are on it.

    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME-1.png

    Please provide the output of ipconfig /all.

    To do this, press the windows key + r (shortcut to run)

    type "cmd" in it and click ok or press enter.

    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME-2.png

    In the cmd window, type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes, and press enter.

    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME-3.png

    Please post a screenshot or copy/paste the entire contents.

    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME-4.png
      My Computers

  6. Paul Black's Avatar
    Posts : 15,317
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #6

    Hello @yahanna,

    Have you tried any of the Options in Settings > Network and Internet like Show available Networks, View your Network Properties, or Network Reset?

    Have you run the TroubleShooters Hardware and Devices, Internet Connections, or Network Adapter?

    I hope this helps.
      My Computer

  7. yahanna's Avatar
    Posts : 544
    10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @yahanna,

    Have you tried any of the Options in Settings > Network and Internet like Show available Networks, View your Network Properties, or Network Reset?

    Have you run the TroubleShooters Hardware and Devices, Internet Connections, or Network Adapter?

    I hope this helps.

    Hey dude.. looks like I fixed it. But thanks for your help anyway as I hugely appreciate it.

    .

    - - - Updated - - -

    tomdsr said:
    Well, looking at the manual for your motherboard, if it is MSI H110M gaming, your port on the motherboard does not appear damaged. I put a red box around the colors you said are on it.

    Please provide the output of ipconfig /all.
    Hi tomdsr,

    Thank you so much for your help. I managed to fix it last nite.

    But I still need your help. If you look at the screen shot I have several 'local area network' icons in my network connections folder. I believe most are not necessary. How do I delete the ones that aren't needed without messing up my connection?


    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME-11.png
      My Computer

  8. Paul Black's Avatar
    Posts : 15,317
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #8

    Hello @yahanna,

    yahanna said:
    I have several 'local area network' icons in my network connections folder. I believe most are not necessary. How do I delete the ones that aren't needed without messing up my connection?
    [1] Plug in the Ethernet cable to see which one shows as connected.
    [2] Unplug the Ethernet cable and connect to the Wi-Fi to see which one shows as connected.
    [3] Remove the the others.
    [4] Have a look at these . . .

    > Remove an Unused/Hidden Network Connection
    > How to Fix Red Cross on Network Icon in Windows 10 / 11

    I hope this helps.
      My Computer

  9. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 8,420
    Mac OS Catalina
       #9

    It is obvious that you have Windscribe as a VPN installed. That right there can screw with network connections if enabled.
      My Computers

  10. yahanna's Avatar
    Posts : 544
    10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    bro67 said:
    It is obvious that you have Windscribe as a VPN installed. That right there can screw with network connections if enabled.

    That makes 0 sense. How can a VPN screw up a connection?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @yahanna,

    [1] Plug in the Ethernet cable to see which one shows as connected.
    [2] Unplug the Ethernet cable and connect to the Wi-Fi to see which one shows as connected.
    [3] Remove the the others.
    [4] Have a look at these . . .

    > Remove an Unused/Hidden Network Connection
    > How to Fix Red Cross on Network Icon in Windows 10 / 11
    .

    Hi Paul,

    Appreciate the help. But fyi I dont have wireless connections on my PC.

    Anyway I did as you asked, I disconnected the ethernet cable then plugged back in and found which is connection was true. I then disabled the rest of the connections. But theyre still visible in the network connections folder.

    I read your link and tried one of the solutions to delete them. But it doesnt work. Here are my updated screen shots:


    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME-22.png


    HELP! I Have No Internet.. PLZ HELP ME-33.png




    .
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums