Windows 10: Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    24 Aug 2015 #1

    Wireless not working in safe mode in Some windows 10 systems


    Hi All,

    I work as a tech support exec, (yeah tech support needs tech support )

    Most of the time we need to boot in safe mode with Networking to fix some of the issues.
    In some of the windows 10 computers wireless not working in safe mode with Networking

    For an example my dell 5547. Has a wireless card, Intel Ac-3160 works fine in normal mode,
    But in safe mode it refuses to detect any Network,
    I am seeing similar behavior in some other models too in windows 10



    any one faced same issues or have a solution ... I will be thankful

    (edit)
    Wired Networking (ethernet) is working.
    Only wireless is not working
    Last edited by manish9009; 24 Aug 2015 at 18:25.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    25 Aug 2015 #2

    manish9009 said: View Post
    Hi All,

    I work as a tech support exec, (yeah tech support needs tech support )

    Most of the time we need to boot in safe mode with Networking to fix some of the issues.
    In some of the windows 10 computers wireless not working in safe mode with Networking

    For an example my dell 5547. Has a wireless card, Intel Ac-3160 works fine in normal mode,
    But in safe mode it refuses to detect any Network,
    I am seeing similar behavior in some other models too in windows 10



    any one faced same issues or have a solution ... I will be thankful

    (edit)
    Wired Networking (ethernet) is working.
    Only wireless is not working
    Any errors in your system logs for your wireless adapter when in safe mode?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    27 Aug 2015 #3

    nopes doesnt show anything...wireless card showing in device manager
    WLAN auto config service is running.
    Last edited by manish9009; 27 Aug 2015 at 09:22.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,439
    EL Capitan
       27 Aug 2015 #4

    Safe mode is not really meant to do anything from the network. It is a minimal process login, so that you can troubleshoot problems on the machine at the machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Aug 2015 #5

    bro67 said: View Post
    Safe mode is not really meant to do anything from the network. It is a minimal process login, so that you can troubleshoot problems on the machine at the machine.
    I know that Bro.. Safe mode only starts important Microsoft services and nothing else.
    I have using safe mode since the time of xp..
    After Vista they started supporting wireless in safe mode with networking.
    But in windows 10 in some (not all) computers the wireless is not functioning properly.. I posted the same in microsoft forum.. No answer from them yet
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,439
    EL Capitan
       29 Aug 2015 #6

    Again you cannot and have never been able to do any type of remote access into a Windows Computer that is booted up into Safe Mode with Networking. As I stated before, it is a limited boot mode, so that you can do troubleshooting, etc. while you are physically at the machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Aug 2015 #7

    manish9009 said: View Post
    Hi All,

    I work as a tech support exec, (yeah tech support needs tech support )

    Most of the time we need to boot in safe mode with Networking to fix some of the issues.
    In some of the windows 10 computers wireless not working in safe mode with Networking

    For an example my dell 5547. Has a wireless card, Intel Ac-3160 works fine in normal mode,
    But in safe mode it refuses to detect any Network,
    I am seeing similar behavior in some other models too in windows 10



    any one faced same issues or have a solution ... I will be thankful

    (edit)
    Wired Networking (ethernet) is working.
    Only wireless is not working

    Hi:

    Try this method it works for me. Before you log into safe mode with networking click CRTL ALT Del to get into task manager and choose lock. You will then see the wireless option bottom right in task bar. Click and connect. Then continue to log into Windows 10 safe mode.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Aug 2015 #8

    bro67 said: View Post
    Again you cannot and have never been able to do any type of remote access into a Windows Computer that is booted up into Safe Mode with Networking. As I stated before, it is a limited boot mode, so that you can do troubleshooting, etc. while you are physically at the machine.
    No wrong.. again..
    You can take remote access.. in safe mode as well..
    consoles like team viewer .. gotoassist give you options to reboot in safe mode with networking and reconnect
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Aug 2015 #9

    Rohn123 said: View Post
    Hi:

    Try this method it works for me. Before you log into safe mode with networking click CRTL ALT Del to get into task manager and choose lock. You will then see the wireless option bottom right in task bar. Click and connect. Then continue to log into Windows 10 safe mode.
    Nopes didnt work...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    29 Aug 2015 #10

    There might be some reason..
    cause wwan autoconfig is running .. so there gotta be wireless.

    did some more research.. installed windows 8.1 in same computer (dualboot) in windows 8.1 wireless works in safe mode with same drivers
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Performance & Maintenance Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start your PC...
Installation & Upgrade Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem doesn't reappear when you...
I've been on hold for over 5 hours waiting for Microsoft windows 10 phone support and am still on hold. I got a critical error this morning that my start menu and cortana weren't working. I found numerous websites with the same workaround and put...
Further to my thread: Windows 10 ISO Upgrade from 7 Pro Failure: Blank Screen Is there any way to install Windows 10 Upgrade from Safe Mode?
how do i activate the wifi. when i click on the icon on the bottom right it doesnt bring up the connections, like it did in windows 8.1/8
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47.
Find Us