Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    24 Aug 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows 8.1

    Quote Originally Posted by capSAR View Post
    Nope, the adapter still appears, tries to authenticate after my real adapter already has a connection, then disappears again :/
    Nothing in your list of software stands out. Are you running Windows 10 Home or Pro? If running Pro, is hyper-v enabled?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    24 Aug 2015 #12
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Nothing in your list of software stands out. Are you running Windows 10 Home or Pro? If running Pro, is hyper-v enabled?
    I am running Pro, but Hyper-V is not enabled/installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    24 Aug 2015 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows 8.1

    Quote Originally Posted by capSAR View Post
    I am running Pro, but Hyper-V is not enabled/installed.
    No Unidentified Networks in the list of active netwroks in Network and Sharing Center? No connection other than probably your Intel network card, Bluetooth and/or wireless card in Network Connections? Also, in device manager, select View in the menu, select "Show hidden devices" and what is displayed under Network Adapters?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 Aug 2015 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    No Unidentified Networks in the list of active netwroks in Network and Sharing Center? No connection other than probably your Intel network card, Bluetooth and/or wireless card in Network Connections?
    Nope, there is only one connection listed and that's the one the school provides. I have found no one else with the same problem unfortunately, and I might have to contact M$oft as a last resort. I hope someone here might know what's wrong.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    24 Aug 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows 8.1

    Quote Originally Posted by capSAR View Post
    Nope, there is only one connection listed and that's the one the school provides. I have found no one else with the same problem unfortunately, and I might have to contact M$oft as a last resort. I hope someone here might know what's wrong.
    I edited my last message, so you probably didn't catch the part about "show hidden devices in device manager". So, any hidden devices?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    24 Aug 2015 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    I will check again later, but the last time I checked there were no hidden network devices.
    Edit: Nope, just my ethernet and a wireless TP-Link adapter I don't use because I have ethernet.
    Last edited by capSAR; 24 Aug 2015 at 13:55.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    24 Aug 2015 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows 8.1

    Quote Originally Posted by capSAR View Post
    I will check again later, but the last time I checked there were no hidden network devices.
    Edit: Nope, just my ethernet and a wireless TP-Link adapter I don't use because I have ethernet.
    May have tracked it down for you. According to this link

    Multiple TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS. : techsupport

    It's caused by Office. Are you on some kind of volume license for Office 2013 (as part of college perhaps)? It's Office that uses the virtual drivers to manage the volume licenses. Hopefully, it's the cause for your grief.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    24 Aug 2015 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    May have tracked it down for you. According to this link

    Multiple TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS. : techsupport

    It's caused by Office. Are you on some kind of volume license for Office 2013 (as part of college perhaps)? It's Office that uses the virtual drivers to manage the volume licenses. Hopefully, it's the cause for your grief.
    Hmm, I do have Office 2013, maybe its something with that...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    24 Aug 2015 #19
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Wow, that worked! Weird because I wasn't using a volume license, but nevertheless it solved it Thanks for all the help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Imagine a community of gamers competing for bragging rights only
Imagine a community of gamers, competing for bragging rights online. spider solitaire, majong, etc 2 members challenge one another to a SPECIFIC game of spider (say). They can't see each others game being played. the competition ends when one of...
General Support
Solved delete old pc connections
like the title says, over the years i have connected computers to my network, and after os updates have stayed in my network like a sore thumb. How do i get rid of them? screenshot below for better understanding. the ones in yellow are not active...
Network and Sharing
Multifactor Authentication
First post here. Hey all. Any ideas on how to get multifactor authentication running on windows 10 on a domain with Active Directory? I have seen tutorials on getting it working with Azure. Maybe it's not possible yet?
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Windows Logon: 2-Factor Biometric Authentication
I have done some reading that Windows10 will incorporate 2-factor authentication. I was wondering for Windows Logon, does Windows10 support password AND biometric (e.g. fingerprint) authentication? If so, can you provide any feedback on exactly...
General Support
Dual network connections one pc
Hey all hope you had great christmas and new year. Anyway to setup two network connections one (gigabit wired)for file transfers and internet surfing/downloading and the other (wireless) for media streaming to the one modem router from the one pc?...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums