Show off your internet speed!

Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
  1.    #901

    Down: 388
    ping: 8
    Upload: 40
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. RichardC's Avatar
    Posts : 189
    windows10 home v1903 OS build 18362.239
       #902

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (16).png 
Views:	76 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	236384
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #903

    Does anybody know where I can find a table with the maximum commercialized speed in the main countries of the world?

    For example, the maximum speed you can get in USA in cities like New York, Los Angles... I've found tables with average speeds, which are useless. For example, I have 600/600 Mbps (yes, a lot) but the table says we average 200/200 as a whole country, so those tables are useless. I want to get an answer for these questions:
    If a go to a major city in Japan, like Tokyo or Osaka, what's the actual maximum speeds companies normally offer there?
    What if I go to USA: New York, Los Angeles...?
    How about Paris, Berlin...?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 7,530
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #904

    rambomhtri said: View Post
    Does anybody know where I can find a table with the maximum commercialized speed in the main countries of the world?

    For example, the maximum speed you can get in USA in cities like New York, Los Angles... I've found tables with average speeds, which are useless. For example, I have 600/600 Mbps (yes, a lot) but the table says we average 200/200 as a whole country, so those tables are useless. I want to get an answer for these questions:
    If a go to a major city in Japan, like Tokyo or Osaka, what's the actual maximum speeds companies normally offer there?
    What if I go to USA: New York, Los Angeles...?
    How about Paris, Berlin...?
    Hi there
    I understand how useless those stats are

    in Iceland with about 97% of population regularly using Internet the stats aren't even available or even the country doesn't appear -- when such liberal places as Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya etc regularly appear.

    Even in May 2019 you won't see the stats but Internet here (at least in Town) is brilliant.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inis.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	238330

    however 1Gb/s will be available to a significant section of the population (such as it is !!) late this year and by early next - and faster speeds are on the way.


    quote from wiki :

    .....................................

    Although 75% of homes have full fibre access, 53.1% of connections utilise the fibre connection mainly due to the fact that Síminn (the largest telecommunications provider in Iceland) does not use Gagnveita Reykjavíkur's (see below) fibre network as they are building their own.

    Internet speeds in Iceland are generally faster than average world internet speeds, generally due to high penetration of FTTH and FTTC. In terms of advertised speeds:
    61.9% of connections are 100Mbit/s and above thereof 46.7% that are 500Mbit/s and above.

    37.7% of connections are between 10 and 100Mbit/s.
    Only 0.3% of connections are below 10Mbit/s.[5]

    Gagnaveita Reykjavíkur's(GR) full fibre network extends to 100.000+ homes Reykjavík and surrounding towns,[2]allowing 100% of homes in Reykjavík and surrounding area to connect to fibre internet as of 2016. GR also operates fibre networks in smaller towns such as Akranes, Þorlákshöfn, Hella and Hvolsvöllur,[6] this is planned to be expanded to Selfoss and Reykjanesbær by 2020[1]. GR's network delivers speeds of 1Gbit/s to all customers.

    There are other smaller fibre networks run by local municipalities and compaines, a major one being Tengir in the north east of Iceland providing a fibre network to Akureyri and surrounding regions offering up to 1Gbit/s speeds.

    .................................................................................................... .............

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #905

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there
    I understand how useless those stats are

    in Iceland with about 97% of population regularly using Internet the stats aren't even available or even the country doesn't appear -- when such liberal places as Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya etc regularly appear.

    Even in May 2019 you won't see the stats but Internet here (at least in Town) is brilliant.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inis.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	238330

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Well yeah, that average doesn't say much. I often compare it to cabbage rolls, some eat only cabbage, some only meat but in average we all eat cabbage rolls. (my favorite food).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #906

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cox.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	238335

    Here's mine
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7.    #907

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there
    I understand how useless those stats are
    in Iceland with about 97% of population regularly using Internet the stats aren't even available or even the country doesn't appear -- when such liberal places as Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya etc regularly appear.Even in May 2019 you won't see the stats but Internet here (at least in Town) is brilliant.however 1Gb/s will be available to a significant section of the population (such as it is !!) late this year and by early next - and faster speeds are on the way.quote from wiki :.....................................
    Although 75% of homes have full fibre access, 53.1% of connections utilise the fibre connection mainly due to the fact that Síminn (the largest telecommunications provider in Iceland) does not use Gagnveita Reykjavíkur's (see below) fibre network as they are building their own.
    Internet speeds in Iceland are generally faster than average world internet speeds, generally due to high penetration of FTTH and FTTC. In terms of advertised speeds:
    61.9% of connections are 100Mbit/s and above thereof 46.7% that are 500Mbit/s and above.
    37.7% of connections are between 10 and 100Mbit/s.
    Only 0.3% of connections are below 10Mbit/s.[5]
    Gagnaveita Reykjavíkur's(GR) full fibre network extends to 100.000+ homes Reykjavík and surrounding towns,[2]allowing 100% of homes in Reykjavík and surrounding area to connect to fibre internet as of 2016. GR also operates fibre networks in smaller towns such as Akranes, Þorlákshöfn, Hella and Hvolsvöllur,[6] this is planned to be expanded to Selfoss and Reykjanesbær by 2020[1]. GR's network delivers speeds of 1Gbit/s to all customers.
    There are other smaller fibre networks run by local municipalities and compaines, a major one being Tengir in the north east of Iceland providing a fibre network to Akureyri and surrounding regions offering up to 1Gbit/s speeds.

    .................................................................................................... ............
    Cheers
    jimbo
    Yeah. As I said, I have 600/600 Mbps totally stable and functional, some of my friends have those as well, others prefer cheaper options. The thing is, you can totally get 600/600, it's offered in the market.
    But then, I go check global stats to know how my city/country compares to others, what other major cities of the world offer, and the only numbers I get are averages, which are useless. In my case, my country is shown as 200/20 or so, totally misleading.

    So, for example, in Paris, New York, Tokyo... can you get 1/1Gbps easily? Or today is still kind of a future thing (you can get it but overpriced and in very specific streets/locations)?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Joan Archer's Avatar
    Posts : 1,733
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #908

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed2.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	238784
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 6,499
    Mac OS High Sierra 10.14.3 Beta (18D21c)
       #909

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,690
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #910

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    I understand how useless those stats are
    in Iceland with about 97% of population regularly using Internet the stats aren't even available or even the country doesn't appear -- when such liberal places as Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya etc regularly appear.
    To get on the list you just need to get another 299 of your friends to take the speed test...

    January 1, 2019 onward countries must have at least 300 unique user results for mobile or fixed broadband to be ranked in either category.
    Speedtest Global Index – Monthly comparisons of internet speeds from around the world
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: How HTTP/2 will speed up your web browsing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:56.
Find Us