Show off your internet speed!

Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
  1. Joan Archer's Avatar
    Posts : 2,167
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #611

    Just done a speed test on my Windows 10 desktop connected via Ethernet. On my Notebook running 10 at the other end of the bungalow connected via wireless if I'm lucky I can get around 50Mb/s depending on time of day or else it could be around 4Mb/s which was my speed when just on ADSL and I'm now on Fibre.
      My Computers

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,203
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
       #612

    Finally an update for my service for only $5 a month more.

      My Computers

  3. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #613

    Brink said:
    Finally an update for my service for only $5 a month more.

    (jealous...)
      My Computer

  4. A Guy's Avatar
    Posts : 31,431
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #614

    How does it compare to your home planet?

    A Guy
      My Computer

  5. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #615

    A Guy said:
    How does it compare to your home planet?

    A Guy
    I think they have it running on tap.
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,203
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
       #616

    A Guy said:
    How does it compare to your home planet?

    A Guy
    Home is light speed.
      My Computers

  7. A Guy's Avatar
    Posts : 31,431
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #617

    And at night?

    A Guy
      My Computer

  8. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,329
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #618

    A Guy said:
    And at night?

    A Guy
    Moonlight speed of course.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 4
    WIN 10
       #619

    Im pretty quick now.
    I was at about 60 4 years ago in Texas then I moved to the USVI. There I went down to 5 and eventually they upgraded so I got to enjoy 11!!
    Moved to Florida where I was on Extreme by Comcast and was hitting 124/24 as my usual.
    When moving back to Texas I made internet speed my priority when looking for a home..
    Found it. ATT Fiber.
    Someone above mentioned Steam downloads.. I normally hit 55 on bursts but it will stabilize down to 35+.
    I think the main issue when pulling from the web is the write speed of my drives. Sure the proc and ram can get the data quickly but ultimately I am bottlenecked by the write speed on my hard drive.

    When entering a FPS game I am normally first in though.
      My Computer

  10. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,329
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #620

    psychocabbage said:
    Im pretty quick now.
    I was at about 60 4 years ago in Texas then I moved to the USVI. There I went down to 5 and eventually they upgraded so I got to enjoy 11!!
    Moved to Florida where I was on Extreme by Comcast and was hitting 124/24 as my usual.
    When moving back to Texas I made internet speed my priority when looking for a home..
    Found it. ATT Fiber.
    Someone above mentioned Steam downloads.. I normally hit 55 on bursts but it will stabilize down to 35+.
    I think the main issue when pulling from the web is the write speed of my drives. Sure the proc and ram can get the data quickly but ultimately I am bottlenecked by the write speed on my hard drive.

    When entering a FPS game I am normally first in though.
    Great speed but you are still limited to the speed of a server download is coming from. Nothing can arrive until it leaves origin. Even fastest servers limit download speed because they have to share bandwidth with many users downloading or even just accessing that server.
    On that Steam server you mentioned, you would get same DL speed with 100Mb/s as you do with this one. Saving to a fast SSD may improve DL speed but not by much. Even an HDD can easily absorb and write speeds at about 150Mb/s, SATA SSD up to 500 and good M2 SSD about 1000 Mbs.
      My Computers


 
Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums