Show off your internet speed!

Page 34 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #331

    RBI said:
    Attachment 34867
    Reasonable speed and solid connection, but I absolutely hate having to deal with Comcast.
    Are you kidding us?!! next to Muffy in the last post, what have you got to complain about?!!

    You need to average your speeds, though. No way you're getting that out of Comcast.
      My Computers

  2. rBose's Avatar
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 Pro
       #332


    13$/month
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 45
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #333

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Are you kidding us?!! next to Muffy in the last post, what have you got to complain about?!!

    You need to average your speeds, though. No way you're getting that out of Comcast.

    Glad my post can enlighten folks to how well off they are with their speeds ;-)
      My Computer

  4. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,510
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #334

    Just so everyone will stop complaining. This is my only option other than dial up, and $75 a month at that.

    Show off your internet speed!-4625723201.png
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #335

    essenbe said:
    Just so everyone will stop complaining. This is my only option other than dial up, and $75 a month at that.

    Show off your internet speed!-4625723201.png
    Oh my! It's kind of like this....

      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #336

    Show off your internet speed!-260709129.png
      My Computer

  7. ChrisPbass's Avatar
    Posts : 102
    W10 Pro 1909 18363.476
       #337

    Grafando said:
    Wow, I never knew complaining could get 1 so far!
    Cox cable...

    1st of all we bundle so I expect some service! I have 5 email accounts in outlook. Everything was good and fine, and 20/2, when all of a sudden I started getting 'Your password is wrong, please re-enter it'. NP, click 'remember password, and hit enter (5 times, one for each email account). It happened 2 or 3 times a day. Wasn't that big of a deal.
    I started working from this PC and after about 6 months it was happening about 10 times a day (50 clicks). So....head down replying to an email, look up and instead of typing an email I'm typing a LONG password into the stupid popup. That got annoying. Cox' tech support is akin to torture so I went online and was strung along by their forum techs. I tried their inane suggestions (is your login name correct? how about your password?) FINALLY a guy came along and said, very point blank, QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME. They moved a bunch of their accounts to a certain server and the only solution is to move the accounts 'back'. They will tell you that it's BS but it's true. Complain to the FCC and they will call you the next day. it took me 6 months to figure this out. Trust me..."

    I told this to tech support and they said what he said they'd say. I put in a complaint to the FCC and the NEXT DAY I got a call from their 'Customer satisfaction whoever's tech'. Dude was an elevated tech and though I told him I knew what I was doing and all he still ran me through ALL the questions. He said "trust me dude, I know what I'm doing. OK. What is your login? do you have pop.cox.net as your incoming?" *SIGH* Dude would not let me talk. Finally after all this BS he says 'wow. Not sure.' I give him the story about accounts being moved and he basically laughs and says 'that's not how email works.' I say, 'OK. bye.'
    HIS boss the Sat' rep emails me and I tell HER the server story. She says she'll look into. She then tells me she's done it. all of a sudden no more popups...
    I am not that 'that' type of guy. I don't complain to get free food or any BS like that but this went on forever and it just P'd me off that Cox knew what was going on and instead of fixing the problem just had their techs repeat the same BS. It took an FCC complaint. We've been w/them for 15+ years.
    The original guy said he got $60 or something like from them so I flipped an email to the Sat rep and she came back w/the offer. 20/2 to 100/20 and $20 less per month promo for a year.
    I cannot tell you how many times I clicked 'save password' and enter. I would have dumped them but we use a cox email account for business.
      My Computer

  8. besweeet's Avatar
    Posts : 28
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #338

    T-Mobile LTE @ a [quiet] Jacksonville Int'l Airport:
      My Computer

  9. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #339

    ChrisPbass said:
    Cox cable...

    1st of all we bundle so I expect some service! I have 5 email accounts in outlook. Everything was good and fine, and 20/2, when all of a sudden I started getting 'Your password is wrong, please re-enter it'. NP, click 'remember password, and hit enter (5 times, one for each email account). It happened 2 or 3 times a day. Wasn't that big of a deal.
    I started working from this PC and after about 6 months it was happening about 10 times a day (50 clicks). So....head down replying to an email, look up and instead of typing an email I'm typing a LONG password into the stupid popup. That got annoying. Cox' tech support is akin to torture so I went online and was strung along by their forum techs. I tried their inane suggestions (is your login name correct? how about your password?) FINALLY a guy came along and said, very point blank, QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME. They moved a bunch of their accounts to a certain server and the only solution is to move the accounts 'back'. They will tell you that it's BS but it's true. Complain to the FCC and they will call you the next day. it took me 6 months to figure this out. Trust me..."

    I told this to tech support and they said what he said they'd say. I put in a complaint to the FCC and the NEXT DAY I got a call from their 'Customer satisfaction whoever's tech'. Dude was an elevated tech and though I told him I knew what I was doing and all he still ran me through ALL the questions. He said "trust me dude, I know what I'm doing. OK. What is your login? do you have pop.cox.net as your incoming?" *SIGH* Dude would not let me talk. Finally after all this BS he says 'wow. Not sure.' I give him the story about accounts being moved and he basically laughs and says 'that's not how email works.' I say, 'OK. bye.'
    HIS boss the Sat' rep emails me and I tell HER the server story. She says she'll look into. She then tells me she's done it. all of a sudden no more popups...
    I am not that 'that' type of guy. I don't complain to get free food or any BS like that but this went on forever and it just P'd me off that Cox knew what was going on and instead of fixing the problem just had their techs repeat the same BS. It took an FCC complaint. We've been w/them for 15+ years.
    The original guy said he got $60 or something like from them so I flipped an email to the Sat rep and she came back w/the offer. 20/2 to 100/20 and $20 less per month promo for a year.
    I cannot tell you how many times I clicked 'save password' and enter. I would have dumped them but we use a cox email account for business.
    The easiest way out would have been to use the web outlook email. You are not required to use their free email account. :) I have 10 free email accounts with my ISP but I never use one.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13
    Win 10 64 Bit Pro
       #340

    Courtesy of British Telecom FTTC in the UK

    Show off your internet speed!-4662919712.png
      My Computer


 
Page 34 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums