Show off your internet speed!


  1. Posts : 112
    Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4291
       #1201

    Show off your internet speed!-screenshot-2023-04-26-193102.png
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2
    win10
       #1202

    Show off your internet speed!-speedtest..png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off your internet speed!-speedtest..png   Show off your internet speed!-speedtest..png  
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 625
    Windows 11 Pro (x64)(v23H2)(Build 22631.3737)
       #1203

    wow 3 Gbps?!
    how much do you pay each month for that speed?
    cable or fiber?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 2
    win10
       #1204

    Wife works for cable company, free.

    Didnt mean to post 3x, first post on this site and tried deleting, but didnt delete.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 625
    Windows 11 Pro (x64)(v23H2)(Build 22631.3737)
       #1205

    haber123 said:
    Wife works for cable company, free.
    wow lol nice!!
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1206

    ISP is Comcast which is broadband via coax. Wish I had at least 30 Mbps up though... *insert sad YouTube Panda...*

    This is Ethernet cable from the desktop.


    No VPN: 58.3 MB/S



    Show off your internet speed!-novpn.jpg






    With VPN: 28.8 MB/S


    Show off your internet speed!-vpn.jpg


    So the VPN halves the download, but the upload is pretty much consistent. I'm using the Wireguard protocol for what that's worth...

    Website is: speed.cloudflare.com


    Internet Speed Test - Measure Network Performance | Cloudflare
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,315
    Linux:Debian, Kali-Linux... 2xWin8.1,1x7Pro, Retro:1x2003server.1xXPpro, 1xW2k,1x98SE,1x95,1x3.11
       #1207

    F22 Simpilot said:
    ISP is Comcast which is broadband via coax. Wish I had at least 30 Mbps up though... *insert sad YouTube Panda...*

    This is Ethernet cable from the desktop.


    No VPN: 58.3 MB/S



    Show off your internet speed!-novpn.jpg






    With VPN: 28.8 MB/S


    Show off your internet speed!-vpn.jpg


    So the VPN halves the download, but the upload is pretty much consistent. I'm using the Wireguard protocol for what that's worth...

    Website is: speed.cloudflare.com


    Internet Speed Test - Measure Network Performance | Cloudflare
    Upload speeds is nice to have a bit higher this days with cloud solutions and things like that... in the past it was only torrents needed the up-speed.. internet was less demanding then so to speak.
    But I think you need to consider a better VPN solution as 50% drop is a lot. what kind of VPN are you using?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,232
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit v23H2
       #1208

    haber123 said:
    Wife works for cable company, free.

    Didnt mean to post 3x, first post on this site and tried deleting, but didnt delete.
    I see Cable One at the bottom which is now Sparklight. The fastest Sparklight plan I can find is the following:
    Freedom Connect GIG
    • Download Speed: 940 Mbps
    • Upload Speed: 50 Mbps
    • Monthly Data: Unlimited

    Is your wife's plan a business one?
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1209

    Marie SWE said:
    But I think you need to consider a better VPN solution as 50% drop is a lot. what kind of VPN are you using?
    IVPN...


    The speed is fine though, I only use the VPN for certain things.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,315
    Linux:Debian, Kali-Linux... 2xWin8.1,1x7Pro, Retro:1x2003server.1xXPpro, 1xW2k,1x98SE,1x95,1x3.11
       #1210

    F22 Simpilot said:
    IVPN...


    The speed is fine though, I only use the VPN for certain things.
    aha-okay.. then we all can live with the drop, if its only some times.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums