No internet on ethernet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 2,168
    Windows 11 Pro (latest update ... forever anal)
       #21

    sportsmen said:
    Hey gave it a try. The drivers were reinstalled but it's the same issue no internet.
    Bummer!!

    Try a non-Windows version
    - download Linux distro ISO (I prefer Mint)
    - download Rufus and use Rufus to create a Linux Mint boot USB
    - boot from the new USB, Mint runs from the USB and from the computer's memory (DO NOT INSTALL)
    - test your internet connection. If OK, it's prolly Windows playing silly games. If still doesn't work, them likely to be a hardware issue.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 14
    win 10
    Thread Starter
       #22

    FreeBooter said:
    Can you reset the router settings to default to see problem resolves.
    gave it a shot but it did not fix it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    would anyone have any other ideas? thank you
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,333
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
       #23

    Use the attached batch script to cleanup and reset network adapters in Windows 10.
    No internet on ethernet Attached Files
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 8,118
    windows 10
       #24

    I dont know were your getting you ip4 setting from follow this and enter settings I gave you Setting a static IP address on your network adapter in Windows for direct access to an access point | Answer | NETGEAR Support
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 14
    win 10
    Thread Starter
       #25

    [QUOTE=FreeBooter;2169508]Use the attached batch script to cleanup and reset network adapters in Windows 10.[

    gave it a shot but still the same issue... feels like something has to be blocking it
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,333
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
       #26

    If you can boot your computer with Live Ubuntu USB to check if there is ethernet connection if not then you will know its faulty ethernet network card.

    Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 14
    win 10
    Thread Starter
       #27

    Samuria said:
    I dont know were your getting you ip4 setting from follow this and enter settings I gave you Setting a static IP address on your network adapter in Windows for direct access to an access point | Answer | NETGEAR Support
    Ok I did that but no ethernet internet
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 173
    Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (Build 22631.3447)
       #28

    Have you updated Windows? I say this because i've had issues in the past where Windows is waiting for updates to be completed - and this will/has stopped All connections! until you have Ok'd updates.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 14
    win 10
    Thread Starter
       #29

    PenPusher said:
    Have you updated Windows? I say this because i've had issues in the past where Windows is waiting for updates to be completed - and this will/has stopped All connections! until you have Ok'd updates.
    windows is up to date

    - - - Updated - - -

    I fixed it. So I was having issues getting the computer to boot from the stick. I went into Bios from MSI (which is much nicer than I was used to) I was checking options about boot and in one of the tabs I saw ethernet but it said off so I switched it on, booted and voila it connected. Saw that sweet, sweet 1 GB download!

    Thanks again for all the help!!!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,807
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #30

    sportsmen said:
    I fixed it. So I was having issues getting the computer to boot from the stick. I went into Bios from MSI (which is much nicer than I was used to) I was checking options about boot and in one of the tabs I saw ethernet but it said off so I switched it on, booted and voila it connected. Saw that sweet, sweet 1 GB download!

    Thanks again for all the help!!!

    Congrats and thanks for updating your thread.


    I don't believe my MSI laptop has that bios option but I'll have a look and hopefully remember this if someone else presents the issue. Cheers
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums