First off, I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their time and help with this issue.
I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my desktop. I've run into a problem with my "Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet" card, basically the issue is that the internet connection will suddenly stop and show as limited access. I get the error message "Default Gateway not available." I can usually fix it by restarting the computer or auto troubleshooting, but then the connection could break again after as little as 5 minutes. I've been unable to fix this problem after hours of searching through the interwebs. Through my googling this seems like an old issue dating back to windows 7/8/8.1 (maybe longer?) and usually is resolved by updating or manually reinstalling a new driver. I can't find any help for windows 10, and the solutions presented online aren't working for me.
I've tried these fixes:
- Disabling the firewall. (Failed)
- Updating the card automatically through device manager. (Failed)
- Uninstalling the driver completely to let windows recognize the card by itself on restart. (Failed)
- Looking for general windows updates. (Failed to solve problem.)
- Manually installing new drivers from the Broadcom website. (I noticed there were no newer windows 10 drivers available on the site. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place? Either way, it made me wonder if perhaps the reason this issue is happening is that there are no windows 10 drivers available for my Ethernet card?) (Failed)
At this point I'm at a loss for what to do. Please advise!
Desktop Specs, Dell XPS (2011) intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 1GB Nvidia GT420.
Current most "up to date" driver is V188.8.131.52 (1/29/2013)
Internet specs, Broadband through twin phonelines, 100 mbps down, 30 mbps up.
**Update 10 AM PST 8/15/2015**
At: Ethernet NIC NetXtreme I Desktop/Mobile | Broadcom I found a newer driver V 184.108.40.206 (8/5/2015) that looks like it would support windows 10. After downloading, I cannot install it.
1: I tried Device manager>Rightclick on "Broadcom ethernet">Update driver...>manually install>select folder with downloaded driver= "Best driver is already currently installed. " So since that didn't work. I tried replacing the drivers in C:\Windows\system32\drivers, this also didn't work.
How can I install this new driver?