I Need to Let My 5.8GHz Network Adapter to Go Faster

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 176
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19043.1766)
       #1

    I Need to Let My 5.8GHz Network Adapter to Go Faster


    I have a 5.8GHz Dual USB Wireless Network Adapter, and it goes like the 2.4GHz Wireless Network Adapter. I want my 5.8GHz network adapter to go faster. To surf faster, which is what I meant.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,317
    Windows 10
       #2

    You need a faster Internet service, 6 Mbps is low and even the old single channel 2.4 GHz Wireless G is good enough for that.

    Increasing your Wireless speed will do nothing for your surfing speed, only your internal network speed.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11,649
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1776
       #3

    Perhaps you intended to post this in your existing thread I Keep Getting Disconnected Automatically instead of here as a new thread.

    Perhaps you also intended to identify your WiFi network card, your router and your means of connecting to the internet.

    Denis
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 176
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19043.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Helmut said:
    You need a faster Internet service, 6 Mbps is low and even the old single channel 2.4 GHz Wireless G is good enough for that.

    Increasing your Wireless speed will do nothing for your surfing speed, only your internal network speed.
    How do I increase my internal network speed for my 5.8GHz Dual USB Network Adapter?

    - - - Updated - - -

    These are the settings that I did configure for Realtek 8814AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC.



    - - - Updated - - -

    Here is my Internet speed test.



    - - - Updated - - -

    It looks slow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Plus, this is the network adapter that I am using.

    Robot Check

    - - - Updated - - -



    - - - Updated - - -

    I did the first method from this video.

    YouTube

    But for some unexpected reason, it is not working.

    - - - Updated - - -

    000dfsd9f_Fdsf9ds9fsd9f9sdf.pdf
    000dfsd9f_Fdsf9ds9fsd9f9sdf.zip

    - - - Updated - - -

    I want to use 5GHz, not 2.4GHz. In the other words, how do I disable 2.4GHz entirely?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11,210
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #5

    Hi there

    @DeriLoko3

    To disable 2.4 GHZ :

    easy method --disable 2.4 GHZ from router -- logon to address usually 192.168.x.1 where x is 0,1 or 2 -- depends on your router. Then your wifi card won't see the 2.4 GHZ network and should only show your 5GHZ one (it will show any other 2.4GHZ networks within range though but they won't be yours).

    Most routers should have some sort of wifi setting like this to do it : (Mine currently works both on 2.4 and 5GHZ as some devices used here still only work on 2.4 GHZ.).

    I Need to Let My 5.8GHz Network Adapter to Go Faster-screenshot_20200607_111822.png


    BTW also if using wifi connections you should be using FULL DUPLEX . Default - especially on cheaper domestic / consumer grade wifi cards / adapters is usually HALF-DUPLEX. Set this in the adapter not the router. !!

    Note also if your basic broadband speed is slow - for accessing the Internet I doubt whether using 2.4 or 5 GHZ will make much difference although full duplex should improve throughput however slow the broadband is.

    Your best bet by far for improving speed for internal LAN is to use LAN cable (use USB-->LAN if you don't have LAN connection on devices).

    If you can't do that another good idea is to output short LAN cables into a switch --cheap unmanaged one OK, then another short LAN cable into a port on a decent wifi extender with fast speed. Modern Wifi extenders can have speeds of over 1 Gb/s in theory -- fast enough by far for Internal domestic LAN's.

    Advantage also of this method with modern Wifi extenders -- you can use both the 2.4 and 5GHZ bands concurrently to improve throughput even more -- the devices connected via LAN won't see the Wifi - especially on the computers - just disable the wifi adapter. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Last edited by jimbo45; 07 Jun 2020 at 05:35. Reason: Addeed info to use Lan cable, switch and Wifi extender
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 176
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19043.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #6

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    @DeriLoko3

    To disable 2.4 GHZ :

    easy method --disable 2.4 GHZ from router -- logon to address usually 192.168.x.1 where x is 0,1 or 2 -- depends on your router. Then your wifi card won't see the 2.4 GHZ network and should only show your 5GHZ one (it will show any other 2.4GHZ networks within range though but they won't be yours).

    Most routers should have some sort of wifi setting like this to do it : (Mine currently works both on 2.4 and 5GHZ as some devices used here still only work on 2.4 GHZ.).

    I Need to Let My 5.8GHz Network Adapter to Go Faster-screenshot_20200607_111822.png


    BTW also if using wifi connections you should be using FULL DUPLEX . Default - especially on cheaper domestic / consumer grade wifi cards / adapters is usually HALF-DUPLEX. Set this in the adapter not the router. !!

    Note also if your basic broadband speed is slow - for accessing the Internet I doubt whether using 2.4 or 5 GHZ will make much difference although full duplex should improve throughput however slow the broadband is.

    Your best bet by far for improving speed for internal LAN is to use LAN cable (use USB-->LAN if you don't have LAN connection on devices).

    If you can't do that another good idea is to output short LAN cables into a switch --cheap unmanaged one OK, then another short LAN cable into a port on a decent wifi extender with fast speed. Modern Wifi extenders can have speeds of over 1 Gb/s in theory -- fast enough by far for Internal domestic LAN's.

    Advantage also of this method with modern Wifi extenders -- you can use both the 2.4 and 5GHZ bands concurrently to improve throughput even more -- the devices connected via LAN won't see the Wifi - especially on the computers - just disable the wifi adapter. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Before doing any of these settings. Look at the several network devices that I have.

      My Computer


  7. Posts : 25,077
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #7

    DeriLoko3 said:
    How do I increase my internal network speed for my 5.8GHz Dual USB Network Adapter?
    Here is my Internet speed test.


    ....I want to use 5GHz, not 2.4GHz. In the other words, how do I disable 2.4GHz entirely?


    Your not going to get anything faster than your ISP provides, whatever WiFi band you use. This PC below only has a 2.4GHz WiFi adapter, but it still has a theoretical maximum of 130Mbps receive speed. However, it is limited when browsing the web to 45-50 Mbps, because that's the maximum speed of my ISP's broadband.

    I Need to Let My 5.8GHz Network Adapter to Go Faster-image.png
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 176
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19043.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #8

    This network type is Access Point.



    And, I am using Station Mode in Realtek USB Wireless LAN Utility.



    If I switch to Access Point, my Internet connection gets disconnected. But, what is it that I should do to receive 5GHz?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 176
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19043.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #9

    I disabled the Wi-Fi adapter inside my laptop, but it is no luck.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13,960
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #10

    If you want to use the 5G and not the 2.4 then you have to connect to it which means the WiFI adapter in your laptop has to be dual baand as well, and capable of connecting to 2.4 and 5. Your Router has to have both 2.4 and 5 setup and broadcasting so you can connect to them. They have to have different, unique SSIDs.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums