Windows 10: WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10 Solved

  1.    09 Aug 2015 #1

    WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10


    I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
    Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

    Thanks
    Selvakumar
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Aug 2015 #2

    Hi All,
    The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

    Thanks
    Selvakumar R
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Aug 2015 #3

    WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10


    Hi ,

    I have the same problem, but when i try to update the network drivers from device manager->update drivers> update software using web, its saying 'The Best driver for your device is already installed'.
    How did you install the latest versions of your drivers. I tried searching for the latest drivers in HP site, but i says win 10 updates will be available only using windows update option. So i couldn't find any updated drivers there.
    I am using HP Notebook and my network drivers are 'Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter', i tried searching for these driver in net, but couldn't find any.

    Any help on this will be much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Vishnu


    selvakumararc said: View Post
    Hi All,
    The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

    Thanks
    Selvakumar R
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Aug 2015 #4

    Hi Vishnu,
    I did the following steps to solve the network slow response issue.
    1. Uninstall the Anti virus from the system (for me antivirus causing some network related issue)
    2. Windows update from update and security settings.
    3. Then I updated the each and every device software from the device manager especially realtek software.
    After that I restarted the machine and it works fine. This is worked for me but not sure it will help you.

    Thanks
    Selvakumar R

    Vishnu said: View Post
    Hi ,

    I have the same problem, but when i try to update the network drivers from device manager->update drivers> update software using web, its saying 'The Best driver for your device is already installed'.
    How did you install the latest versions of your drivers. I tried searching for the latest drivers in HP site, but i says win 10 updates will be available only using windows update option. So i couldn't find any updated drivers there.
    I am using HP Notebook and my network drivers are 'Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter', i tried searching for these driver in net, but couldn't find any.

    Any help on this will be much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Vishnu
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Aug 2015 #5

    Vishnu said: View Post
    Hi ,

    I have the same problem, but when i try to update the network drivers from device manager->update drivers> update software using web, its saying 'The Best driver for your device is already installed'.
    How did you install the latest versions of your drivers. I tried searching for the latest drivers in HP site, but i says win 10 updates will be available only using windows update option. So i couldn't find any updated drivers there.
    I am using HP Notebook and my network drivers are 'Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter', i tried searching for these driver in net, but couldn't find any.

    Any help on this will be much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Vishnu
    Hi,
    Go to HP Customer support site, select Software and Drivers tab, download the driver for your model, uninstall the current driver in Device manage and install the new driver. You may not find Win10 drivers but either Win8 or 8.1 drivers will work.
    http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    18 Aug 2015 #6

    Aes / tkip


    I had the same problem.
    After trying many suggestions on the internet I found one that solved my problem. I took more than a week to solve but now I'm happy.
    On my case the problem was the security wifi protocol. I was using AES and changed to TKIP. For me there is no reason to this to work, but solved my problem.
    Hope it helps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 Oct 2016 #7

    ThiagoNugnezi said: View Post
    I had the same problem.
    After trying many suggestions on the internet I found one that solved my problem. I took more than a week to solve but now I'm happy.
    On my case the problem was the security wifi protocol. I was using AES and changed to TKIP. For me there is no reason to this to work, but solved my problem.
    Hope it helps.
    TKIP reduces Encryption than AES. However, U gain speed then u are good to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Show off your internet speed! in Network and Sharing
Last week, I noticed that my internet bill was going up faster than my internet speed. So I called up my ISP to ask if there's something that can be done about it. I asked for any promo that they have where I can save some $. The guy on the other...
My interent on my custom desktop, as far as I can remember, has functioned fine for a long time now. However, after upgrading to windows 10 and having it around for a while, I noticed a sharp decrease in internet speed. I've tried multiple...
I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.
Find Us