Windows 10: Can't connect to remote printer

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1.    18 Aug 2015 #41

    sagrant said: View Post
    I'm sorry but what is an 'admin' command window ?
    Right click on the windows icon, in the bottom left hand corner, and you should see 'command prompt', and 'command prompt (admin)' (not sure on the exact wording, as i'm not in front of my win 10 machine).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Aug 2015 #42

    Did that.
    "The print spooler service is starting
    "The print spooler service could not be started
    "A system error has occurred
    "System error 87 has occurred
    "The parameter is incorrect.
    That is all
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Aug 2015 #43

    sagrant said: View Post
    Did that.
    "The print spooler service is starting
    "The print spooler service could not be started
    "A system error has occurred
    "System error 87 has occurred
    "The parameter is incorrect.
    That is all
    Hi sagrant, try running the Microsoft system file checker (SFC.exe)
    Deatails here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Aug 2015 #44

    sagrant said: View Post
    Did that.
    "The print spooler service is starting
    "The print spooler service could not be started
    "A system error has occurred
    "System error 87 has occurred
    "The parameter is incorrect.
    That is all
    Hi

    If you type Services in the search command line and click on the app
    Scroll down to Print Spooler and double click on it
    Click on Dependencies tab
    Check what dependencies the print spooler has, if any
    you may need to click on "+" on those dependencies to more dependencies
    Go back to the Services list
    On each of the spooler dependencies, double click on it
    Make sure it is set to Automatic in the Startup Type drop down menu
    Now click on Start to start the service
    Click OK

    Let us know how you get on.

    Regards
    UKMedia
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Aug 2015 #45

    evansnp said: View Post
    Hi sagrant, try running the Microsoft system file checker (SFC.exe)
    Deatails here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
    Ran sfc /scannow . It took 45 minutes ! Result -
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios."
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log doesn't work however. Not recognised.
    What should I try now to see if it has been fixed.
    Stuart
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    18 Aug 2015 #46

    sagrant said: View Post
    Ran sfc /scannow . It took 45 minutes ! Result -
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios."
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log doesn't work however. Not recognised.
    What should I try now to see if it has been fixed.
    Stuart
    Try running SFC again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Aug 2015 #47

    Can't connect to remote printer


    UKMedia said: View Post
    Hi

    If you type Services in the search command line and click on the app
    Scroll down to Print Spooler and double click on it
    Click on Dependencies tab
    Check what dependencies the print spooler has, if any
    you may need to click on "+" on those dependencies to more dependencies
    Go back to the Services list
    On each of the spooler dependencies, double click on it
    Make sure it is set to Automatic in the Startup Type drop down menu
    Now click on Start to start the service
    Click OK

    Let us know how you get on.

    Regards
    UKMedia
    The spooler dependencies are HTTP and RPC with Dcom SPL as a subsidiary . All are running and on Automatic. But I still can't start the spooler.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    18 Aug 2015 #48

    sagrant said: View Post
    The spooler dependencies are HTTP and RPC with Dcom SPL as a subsidiary . All are running and on Automatic. But I still can't start the spooler.
    If you search for the event log, can you see an error code for the time that it failed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    18 Aug 2015 #49

    Type Fixit in the search and select the Fixit App, there should be an option to fix Print Spooler issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    18 Aug 2015 #50

    Windows 10 does not support Fixit or Fixit doesn't work with Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved remote desktop connection in Network and Sharing
(1)The initial box you get when trying to connect ,has below,is it the computer name the pc your on or the pc s name your trying to connect to? computer .............? user name-none specified (2) the enter your credential box after above Whats...
Remote desktop connection in Network and Sharing
Remote desktop connection so here is my issue when I have Windows 7 or use remote desktop to stream movies to the Xbox one now that I've upgraded to windows 10 every time I exit RDP it closes down the stream the Xbox no apps will remain open when...
Remote Procedure Call (2) in General Support
Ever since downloading the updates for 10130 on my Surface Pro 3 (after a clean install) the Service Host: Remote Procedure Call is going crazy, running constantly at 50%+ CPU, as a result of which the device is constantly running hot and battery...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26.
Find Us