When dealing with a similar problem recently, I decided to kill the old homegroup so I could create a new one. The only way I could get that to work was to power down every workgroup member on the network. Then, I fired them up one at a time, and removed the registry keys in the PeerNetworking hive as discussed earlier here. After I had done this on all machines, I logged into a single machine (all other machines still shut down) and was then able to create a new workgroup, rather than being asked to join an existing one. After that, I turned on each of the other machines, and had them join the new workgroup after they finished booting up. You can't really "kill" a workgroup unless all active members are absent when you do it on a single machine as described. This took me the better part of a looooooooong day to figure out and implement. Hope I can save you that amount of trouble!
So I went to a different PC on the network to create a new homegroup. First I had to shutdown every PC. Then I turned on one that had not been the master before and it allowed me to create a new homegroup. Once I did that, I turned on one PC at a time and joined the homegroup using the new password. I did not have to delete or change anything in the registry manually on any of the clients. As of now everything is working. I don't know why MS has to make this so difficult to figure out. One thing I have done now is document my new password so hopefully this will not happen again.
I had the same problem it involved a new protocol created by windows 10 or atleast that was first time i saw it called windows tunneling showing up device manager with a isssue. Nothing I could do would fix it till I followed the registry change on this page. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...038a648?auth=1
Heres fix i did
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS. In the right pane, right click Disabled Componets and select edit. Set the DWord value to 0. Restart your computer and the teredo tunneling adapter will now start.
I was then able to access all computers from windows 10 on my network.
Promlem solved for me: Was conecting two new windows 10 machines to our main office computer running windows 7 with our network printers. I was geting lots of issues not connecting with permission errors and wifi confit messages. Home group would work on one, some times printers would instal on the other. Nothing would stay connected for very long , after trying many things I spent a little more money on a new wifi usb stick (linksys) around forty bucks returned the 10 dollar bargen model. Hopefully saves someone some time I watched videos and read everything before I resorted to spending money, hopeing that wasn't the issue but more and more it seams to be first resort.
Can anybody check the following Fix regarding HomeGroup ?? It was suggested by Windows Troubleshooting oddly enough.
Basically check the time zones, setup all your PC's with the same time zone.
Having done that, remove all HomeGroup connections on all PC's (on the original HomeGroup PC as well.) Reboot all PC's. Create new HomeGroup.
My assumption is maybe if Windows detects that you are trying to HomeGroup with a PC in a different timezone - it is not exactly a "Home" group... right? Maybe?.
By the way, I have given up on HomeGroup and gone with a straight Windows File and Printer Sharing.
fatz2fly , I've had a go with HomeGroup and I am of opinion - it sucks. I went with a straight Windows File and Print Sharing and it works. You guys mentioned a lot of issues and I think I found a fix, but to address all of your issues we should take it step by step. Guys if you are remotely interested let me know. I'll post it.
I had a similar problem: I have 4 computers on my Network – Gigabyte-2010 (the main computer), Gigabyte-2016, Compaq all running the latest Windows 10 (Build ending 351) and an ancient Dell running Windows 7. The Dell can access all the files I want it to on any of the computers without a problem via Explorer/Network/The files I require. The other computers can access any of the files on any of the others apart from Gigabyte-2016 which is when I receive the error.
The Gigabyte-2016 computer can access the files on any of the other computers. I have had the problem before after Windows update but I have managed to get it working again. This time it has me defeated.
I may have found a simple solution to the problem - just change the name of the computer you cannot view the folders & files on. In my case from "GIGABYTE-2016" to "GIGABYTE-2016a". All now appears to work as would be expected. Why this happens I don't know. If any ones does please let me know!