Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 19
    Windows 10
       #1

    Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10


    Can we change the internet name on the Windows 10 lock screen? I visited many places but could not find a solution. Is there any regedit setting that we can make this setting? on the lock screen, we can hide/delete things such as ease of access, section of power buttons, internet icon.
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,874
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #2

    Bromance902 said:
    Can we change the internet name on the Windows 10 lock screen? I visited many places but could not find a solution. Is there any regedit setting that we can make this setting? on the lock screen, we can hide/delete things such as ease of access, section of power buttons, internet icon.
    You can rename the Ethernet or WiFi LAN in the Network settings. Is this what you mean? There is no "name" showing on my lock screen for the internet connection icon at the lower right corner.

    Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10-2019-05-13_07h31_55.png
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    f14tomcat said:
    You can rename the Ethernet or WiFi LAN in the Network settings. Is this what you mean? There is no "name" showing on my lock screen for the internet connection icon at the lower right corner.

    Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10-2019-05-13_07h31_55.png
    I'm talking about the internet icon here, I want to change the name of this icon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10-windows-10-login-screen.jpg  
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,874
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #4

    Bromance902 said:
    I'm talking about the internet icon here, I want to change the name of this icon.
    It has no name. That's what I show, also. Do you mean you want to change the icon itself? There is no displayed name to change.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    f14tomcat said:
    It has no name. That's what I show, also. Do you mean you want to change the icon itself? There is no displayed name to change.
    English may be writing this in Windows 10. Not sure, I'm using Windows 10 in German. And on top of this icon ''Internet'' writes, I want to change the text that says ''Internet'' there. I can't get an image when I'm on the Windows 10 lock screen. I don't have the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10-networkui.jpg  
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,874
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #6

    Bromance902 said:
    English may be writing this in Windows 10. Not sure, I'm using Windows 10 in German. And on top of this icon ''Internet'' writes, I want to change the text that says ''Internet'' there. I can't get an image when I'm on the Windows 10 lock screen. I don't have the phone.
    Oh, I see now. That's just the pop up text telling you what the icon will do if clicked. You'd need to change your Display Language to German for that to change. Let me see if I can get one of our German speaking members to assist. Be patient for a few minutes, until can respond, if he's on right now.
    @Kari, can you help here? Thanks, TC.
      My Computers



  7. Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    f14tomcat said:
    Oh, I see now. That's just the pop up text telling you what the icon will do if clicked. You'd need to change your Display Language to German for that to change. Let me see if I can get one of our German speaking members to assist. Be patient for a few minutes, until can respond, if he's on right now.
    @Kari, can you help here? Thanks, TC.
    The system is already in German there is no problem. I just want to change ''Internet'' to ''Verbindung mit dem Internet''
      My Computer

  8. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 15,881
    10 Home x64 (2004) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #8

    Bromance902 said:
    The system is already in German there is no problem. I just want to change ''Internet'' to ''Verbindung mit dem Internet''
    The system display language may be set for German but the system locale can still be English. Sounds like you may need to change your System Locale.


    The system locale controls the language used when displaying text on programs that do not support Unicode.
    Change System Locale in Windows 10
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Bree said:
    The system display language may be set for German but the system locale can still be English. Sounds like you may need to change your System Locale.


    Change System Locale in Windows 10
    I checked these settings and confirmed that it was in German. Just, Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support, is not enabled.. Could this issue have anything to do with this option?
      My Computer

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 49,694
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 20161
       #10

    Hello @Bromance902,

    The Ethernet bit in the pop-up Connect to Ethernet, is the name of the network adapter you will connect to if you click on the Network icon.

    If you wanted to change the name of Ethernet, then you would need to change the name of that network adapter to what you wanted instead.

    Rename Network Adapter in Windows
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums