Windows 10: Should i change my DNS settings? and Why

  1.    02 Apr 2018 #1

    Should i change my DNS settings? and Why


    Should i change my DNS settings to an 3rd-party DNS?
    and why, whats the difference between the DNS from your ISP and another?
    ....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 7,639
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       02 Apr 2018 #2

    @Ph0werd, the first question you should answer for yourself.

    The answer to the second question would help you decide - and that answer is to be found here...

    New Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 149
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       02 Apr 2018 #3

    Ph0werd said: View Post
    Should i change my DNS settings to an 3rd-party DNS?
    and why, whats the difference between the DNS from your ISP and another?
    ....
    7 Reasons to Use a Third-Party DNS Service
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Apr 2018 #4

    This Free and Public DNS Servers article (just updated) provides additional explanations why changing from an ISP-provided DNS service may be beneficial. The article also gives snippets of information about the different DNS services it lists, for example - the filtering levels in the different Norton ConnectSafe Policy services.

    If you want to swap between different DNS providers quickly then consider using something like Nir Sofer's QuickSetDNS. I've just added (and changed to) Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 so my current QuickSetDNS (which I carry around on my 'Utilities' USB flash drive) looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QuickSetDNS.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	183238

    Hope this helps...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Apr 2018 #5

    RickC said: View Post
    This Free and Public DNS Servers article (just updated) provides additional explanations why changing from an ISP-provided DNS service may be beneficial. The article also gives snippets of information about the different DNS services it lists, for example - the filtering levels in the different Norton ConnectSafe Policy services.

    If you want to swap between different DNS providers quickly then consider using something like Nir Sofer's QuickSetDNS. I've just added (and changed to) Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 so my current QuickSetDNS (which I carry around on my 'Utilities' USB flash drive) looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QuickSetDNS.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	183238

    Hope this helps...
    That's a really nice tool to use! is it Portable to? and thankyou all the other guys for helping me with Links and Guides

    Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Apr 2018 #6

    Ph0werd said: View Post
    That's a really nice tool to use! is it Portable to? and thankyou all the other guys for helping me with Links and Guides
    Yes, all Nir Sofer's tools are portable.

    Hope this helps...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    03 Apr 2018 #7

    RickC said: View Post
    Yes, all Nir Sofer's tools are portable.

    Hope this helps...
    Ah nice, thanks! Thanks for all the help Guys Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and...
Hello, Is it possibly the Anniversary Update, which has blocked my possibilities to change the Lock Screen configuration? In Settings->Personalisation that whole option is greyed out today and I'm stuck with a lock screen, which I can't modify or...
That is my problem as stated above. Henry
Hello there I just installed Win 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on my computer and I am having some problems to modify system settings regarding pen and touch, specially "Flicks" settings, that I need to disable to have a better performance using a...
Cant change DNS settings in Network and Sharing
Trying to add a new DNS IP address. Go to the adapter, go to the IPV4 properties and advanced and add the new DNS IP address. Every thing is fine until I close the adaptor window and it pops up an error "an unexpected condition occurred, not all of...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41.
Find Us