Windows 10: Can't get WOL to work Solved

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    15 Feb 2018 #11

    Here's another BIOS setting for you to check: You must DISABLE [Erp Support] option in BIOS, according to this Gigabyte FAQ on the Ultra Durable 3 product family: Does it support Wake on LAN (WOL)? | FAQ - GIGABYTE Global
    .
    Hopefully, this will be your "silver bullet!"
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    15 Feb 2018 #12

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Here's another BIOS setting for you to check: You must DISABLE [Erp Support] option in BIOS, according to this Gigabyte FAQ on the Ultra Durable 3 product family: Does it support Wake on LAN (WOL)? | FAQ - GIGABYTE Global
    Hopefully, this will be your "silver bullet!"
    --Ed--
    Thanks Ed - our time zone difference makes our conversation pretty drawn out. I'll have a look at that in the morning. What's strange is that it was working fine until I reinstalled Windows 10. That shouldn't have altered anything in the BIOS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    15 Feb 2018 #13

    Yes, that's correct. But you never know for sure, unless you check! This is turning out to be more of a wild goose chase than any of us ever expected it to be. Sorry for your ongoing saga!
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    16 Feb 2018 #14

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Yes, that's correct. But you never know for sure, unless you check! This is turning out to be more of a wild goose chase than any of us ever expected it to be. Sorry for your ongoing saga!
    --Ed--
    Yeah! Turning out to be a rare mystery. I really appreciate the time and effort you're putting in to try and help. Have to see a client first thing this morning so will not be in the office until mid-day.
    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 Feb 2018 #15

    oldcelt said: View Post
    In answer to Ed's message #2 this is the NIC Power Management option screen:-

    Attachment 176921

    As you can see all the correct options have been selected.
    Are you using magic packets? if no uncheck "Only allow magic..."
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    16 Feb 2018 #16

    roy111 said: View Post
    Are you using magic packets? if no uncheck "Only allow magic..."
    I use a WOL App to start the PC from my iPhone or iPad normally. I assume the app sends magic packets?
    The App is Mocha WOL 2.1.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 Feb 2018 #17

    oldcelt said: View Post
    I use a WOL App to start the PC from my iPhone or iPad normally. I assume the app sends magic packets?
    The App is Mocha WOL 2.1.
    Yes it should be "magic",
    have you insert MAC address of the sleeping PC?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    16 Feb 2018 #18

    roy111 said: View Post
    Yes it should be "magic",
    have you insert MAC address of the sleeping PC?
    Yes, itís all set up correctly with MAC address and a reserved IP address in the router. As I said earlier, the whole thing was working fine until I had to re-install Windows 10 a week or so ago.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    16 Feb 2018 #19

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Here's another BIOS setting for you to check: You must DISABLE [Erp Support] option in BIOS, according to this Gigabyte FAQ on the Ultra Durable 3 product family: Does it support Wake on LAN (WOL)? | FAQ - GIGABYTE Global
    .
    Hopefully, this will be your "silver bullet!"
    --Ed--
    Sorry Ed, I don’t appear to have a BIOS setting Erp Support. Went carefully through every line of the BIOS settings, even the headings which obviously weren’t relevant just in case. :-(

    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Feb 2018 #20

    Old saying "If it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't." It was too easy. I'm starting to think it's some odd bug in the IP stack in the latest build. FWIW, WOL works fine on the three systems I've tried it on. I'm fresh out of ideas now, so we must hope you stumble upon something.
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I...
I have a network drive, which I set up to save a copy of a folder for offline use using the instructions here: Working with network files when you are offline - Windows Help I am not able to find any option for setting the drive to work online...
What on EARTH process is always running in the background to make my hard drive chatter away for literally nearly 3-5 minutes after a bootup...and we're talking with a FRESH install!....Some something is running a LOT in the background but task...
I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also...
Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites." In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:23.
Find Us