Windows 10: Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    30 Jul 2015 #1

    Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!


    I have installed Windows 10 Pro and I don't have internet on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox,Internet Explorer,Steam,World of Tanks etc.

    I can only go on internet when using Microsoft Edge,and the computer said that it has connected to the internet when I put the cursor over the internet icon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    30 Jul 2015 #2

    Hi, did you solve this issue? We have it as well!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Maree.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    31 Jul 2015 #3

    Hi !

    I had the same problem.


    Run CMD as admininstrator.
    In the command line type: netsh winsock reset
    Press Enter then restart your PC.

    Previous that, I runned the command "sfc /scannow" but I think the instructions above will help.


    I hope this helps
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    01 Aug 2015 #4

    TheFish said: View Post
    Hi !

    I had the same problem.


    Run CMD as admininstrator.
    In the command line type: netsh winsock reset
    Press Enter then restart your PC.

    Previous that, I runned the command "sfc /scannow" but I think the instructions above will help.


    I hope this helps
    Thanks a lot. This works for me.

    Anyway, may I know what is this command about?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    01 Aug 2015 #5

    zoetangz said: View Post
    Thanks a lot. This works for me.

    Anyway, may I know what is this command about?
    Netsh winsock reset is a useful command that you can use in Microsoft Windows to reset the winsock catalog back to default setting or clean state.

    In computing, the Windows Sockets API (WSA), which was later shortened to Winsock, is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services, especially TCP/IP.

    sfc /scannow basically scans Windows core system files and replaces them if they're corrupted or missing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Aug 2015 #6

    Chris2005 said: View Post
    Netsh winsock reset is a useful command that you can use in Microsoft Windows to reset the winsock catalog back to default setting or clean state.

    In computing, the Windows Sockets API (WSA), which was later shortened to Winsock, is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services, especially TCP/IP.

    sfc /scannow basically scans Windows core system files and replaces them if they're corrupted or missing.
    I see. Thanks for the info! 😊😊😊

    So it means the Windows 10 update has corrupted the network setting of my laptop?

    Is there any other way to change this setting? Like the "manual" way of doing it instead of using command.
    Last edited by zoetangz; 01 Aug 2015 at 20:58.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Aug 2015 #7

    zoetangz said: View Post
    I see. Thanks for the info! 

    So it means the Windows 10 update has corrupted the network setting of my laptop?

    It there any other way to change this setting? Like the "manual" way of doing it instead of using command.
    Possibly. I'm not sure though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Aug 2015 #8

    Yes,yes I did,just follow this video,sorry for late response :/
    How to reset the TCPIP stack in Windows 10 - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 professional
       14 Aug 2015 #9

    This sounds like just what I need to try again. I'm back to Windows 8.1 for the second time (The process to revert back works really nice).

    While I was on 10, Edge worked perfectly, but there was no connection to my mail server through Outlook 2013, iExplore would not work, and I was unable to activate Windows. All of the local network connections worked just fine. Some of my research pointed to the Realtek PCI-e GBE Family controller which is built into the MB, so this threw me off track.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    27 Aug 2015 #10

    @Chris2005...wow, what a relief..finally. Thank you chris. Ihave spent days trying to figure out what went wrong with all of by browsers..THAnks so so so so much

    https://www.tenforums.com/images/smilies/001.png
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
No internet connection after upgrade in Network and Sharing
Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK...
Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the...
Source: Inside the creation of Microsoft Edge, the Internet Explorer killer
How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. This...
Today i turned on my pc and the explorer.exe error appeared, i refreshed the screen and the icons appeared , but the start button didn't work , i tried to make troubleshoot but nothing... the worst part is that i can't acces the internet. Is there a...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:16.
Find Us