Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Aug 2015 #31
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 10

    Isn't it insane we have to do all this adaptions because some Realtek specialist is on a vacation while MS rolls out windows 10..?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Aug 2015 #32
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Nine Mile Falls WA
    Posts : 522
    win 10 pro x64

    Huh i have not experienced this yet with my realtek stuff i have driver version 9.1.401.2015 driver date 4/1/2015 driver provider Realtek, i installed these for my msi board about a month ago from MSI website, not sure what your driver versions are, but if anyone wants to try these i will point you towards msi website and my boards driver page, not sure if they will work for you or not though. Edit Its the same driver on realtek sites i just look so must be the one you all are using to makes me wonder why i have not a issue yet crossing my fingers i don't.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 Aug 2015 #33
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 10

    Yes, I have that same driver from april 2015.
    No LAN, Wifi is working okay-ish..
    It says I should connect LANcable. I even tried another (new) cable.
    Dell Inspiron pc from 2014. Windows 8.1 -> W10.
    Also tried with firewalls off. No result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Aug 2015 #34
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10

    I just upgraded my other laptop to Windows 10 that has a Qualcomm 8131 onboard ethernet and it works just fine so this is clearly a driver issue with Realtek. Lets just hope a new driver is released shortly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 Aug 2015 #35
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dachmielu View Post
    I am using laptop clevo w230ss for future reference.
    Me too.

    My recipe for potential success:
    1) Download the Windows 8 version of the driver from TechSpot.
    http://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/realtek-pcie-lan/

    2) Unzip and right-click on the setup file. Go to Properties > Compatibility > Change settings for all users. Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 8, and also tick the box that says 'Run this program as an administrator'.

    3) Go to Device Manager > Network Adapters. Right click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and uninstall it.

    4) Double-click the setup file you just changed the properties of. Either it will install the driver or prompt you to remove the existing software. Remove the existing software first if you have to, then install the driver from the setup file.

    5) Go back to device manager and right-click Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Go to Advanced, and disable Energy Efficient Ethernet and Green Ethernet. Then go to Power Management and untick the box that says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.

    6) Finally go to Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet. You should be connected to whatever it is you've named your ethernet connection. The last step is to click on it, and then enable 'Find devices and content'. This turns your connection from a public one to a private one. If this option doesn't appear for you, you first need to turn off UAC in User Accounts, but make sure to turn it back on again after you're done.

    7) Restart.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Aug 2015 #36
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zii View Post
    Me too.

    My recipe for potential success:
    1) Download the Windows 8 version of the driver from TechSpot.
    http://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/realtek-pcie-lan/

    2) Unzip and right-click on the setup file. Go to Properties > Compatibility > Change settings for all users. Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 8, and also tick the box that says 'Run this program as an administrator'.

    3) Go to Device Manager > Network Adapters. Right click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and uninstall it.

    4) Double-click the setup file you just changed the properties of. Either it will install the driver or prompt you to remove the existing software. Remove the existing software first if you have to, then install the driver from the setup file.

    5) Go back to device manager and right-click Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Go to Advanced, and disable Energy Efficient Ethernet and Green Ethernet. Then go to Power Management and untick the box that says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.

    6) Finally go to Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet. You should be connected to whatever it is you've named your ethernet connection. The last step is to click on it, and then enable 'Find devices and content'. This turns your connection from a public one to a private one. If this option doesn't appear for you, you first need to turn off UAC in User Accounts, but make sure to turn it back on again after you're done.

    7) Restart.
    Put your laptop to sleep and see if your connection is stable once you resume from sleep. Mine is fine until the laptop goes to sleep.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Aug 2015 #37
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cmillar6 View Post
    Put your laptop to sleep and see if your connection is stable once you resume from sleep. Mine is fine until the laptop goes to sleep.
    I have just put my laptop to sleep and emptied the washing machine. Upon my return my ethernet works after I woke my laptop up.

    Edit: I'd like to insist you try my recipe from scratch and post your results. I will update here in this thread if and when my ethernet fails again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Aug 2015 #38
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zii View Post
    I have just put my laptop to sleep and emptied the washing machine. Upon my return my ethernet works after I woke my laptop up.

    Edit: I'd like to insist you try my recipe from scratch and post your results. I will update here in this thread if and when my ethernet fails again.
    I thought it had worked and then I got a DNS error after my laptop came out of sleep mode a second time. My new ethernet adapter should arrive Tuesday, knowing my luck Realtek will post updated drivers Wednesday morning.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Aug 2015 #39
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 16
    WTP 10 9926

    Quote Originally Posted by oletar View Post
    I joined the beta program for windows 10 and ran into a small problem. The Beta computer will not join a Home Group. There are no error messages and troubleshooting gives no answers at all. WiFi is working fine and the internet connection seems to be fine. My other computer, both laptops and a desktop seem to have joined the homegroup with no problem and seem to be sharing information fine. The issue has to be in the settings but it has gone past my knowledge. Could use a little help guys.

    Restart all computers firstly and try again - if that doesn't fix the problem leave the current Homegroup in all computers, and then start a new Homegroup in one of the computers, and then rejoin the new Homegroup with the other computers - this works for me if they mess up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Aug 2015 #40
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,442
    win 10 Insider

    I have that Realtek NIC on my P8H77-M PRO mobo with dvr 9.1.401.2015 with boxes unticked on Power Settings
    and have no problems. I've been running win 10 since Oct and never had disconnects.

    Hence, I am not sure chasing drivers is going to fix your problem. But, then, I could be wrong
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to clean install
Hello Ladies and Gents, I just had a question. As a Windows 10 Insider, when we receive the free upgrade to the RTM, how then do I do a clean install? I thought we'd need to burn the iso to a DVD to do that. Thank you.
Installation and Upgrade
Clean install now?
My system (W7 64) is badly in need of a clean install but I was waiting until next month to do it with W10. However, it is quickly becoming unusable so I am wondering about doing it immediately - with the preview (I already use preview W10 on my...
Installation and Upgrade
Realtek Ethernet huge problem after installation
I just installed Windows 10 and everything went fine. Now I cannot connect to the internet and when I try to install the ethernet card drivers after 30 mins of "installation" an error is displayed "The realtek network controller was not found. If...
Network and Sharing
10135 clean install "search" problem
hey hou, I thought this is prolly already solved, but couldn't find it. 10125 build - clean install, search works fine 10130 build - updated via WU, search starts to lag (could take up to 3-4 minutes before it takes 4-5 letters that I wrote...
General Support
Note build 10049 fixes my ATI 6850 GP Problem & Realtek no spound
Previous Technical Preview builds my screen was real dim and the brightness was set to the highest. This build the brightness has returned. I tried doing driver updates and i had the latest. I contacted MS and they said it was a known issue. Well...
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums