64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17650
       01 Dec 2017 #1

Office 365 - removing recent documents

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyOfficeOpener.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	166311

- how do I remove an entry from the list of recent documents that shows when My Office opens..??
      My ComputersSystem Spec

2. Posts : 3,286
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.371 and W10 Insider Builds 17134.1 and 17643
       01 Dec 2017 #2

You would need to go to the app that was used for that document and remove it from the recent documents list within the app. For example if a Word document shows up in the list and you want to remove it; open Word and then in the recent documents list within Word right click on the entry you want to remove and select Remove from list.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

3. Posts : 2,705
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17650
       07 Dec 2017 #3

- doesn't seem to work with Office2007
    - there is no option to remove entries from Recent Documents in Office2007 Powerpoint

- is it worth having Office2007 as well as Office 365?
    - maybe, I should just uninstall Office2007 and rely entirely on Office365

- any thoughts?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

Related Threads
Hi all, My problem is that I cannot drag an Excel/Word file from the Recent window (right-click on Task bar icon) into an Outlook email. I could do this in Win 7 but now my work has upgraded and I seem to have lost this amazing shortcut... I...
Since the Creators Upgrade, any Office 365 app, e.g. MSWord does not have option to browse for files in the Documents folder. If I try to browse, It goes to "This PC" and to "not responding". It automatically inserts "Sky Drive" which is...
I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to get back to the Window 7/WinXP behavior of Recent Documents on the Start menu. I liked being able to click the Start button, then just choose from a list of the most recent files from a jump list. I...
Solved Recent Documents in General Support
Is there was way to set up Win 10 so I can find /view recent documents as was the case in Win 7?
Solved Saving office documents in Microsoft Office and 365
I have just created a new word document. When I try to do a "file", "save as" it tells me I don't have permission to save in that location and to contact the administrator to obtain permission. I am the administrator as mine is the only name in the...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd