Windows 10: Move Office 2010

1.    28 Nov 2017 #1

Move Office 2010

I have 3 partitions with Windows 7, 8 and 10 installed. Office is installed on Windows 8 and I want to move it to 10. Office has 3 installs and I have used 2 and want to save the last one. Will moving from Window 8 to 10 eat up that last install?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    28 Nov 2017 #2

No.....Moving it will be fine. Just make sure that you uninstall it first from 8 and then install on 10. This will preserve your 3rd install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    28 Nov 2017 #3

Playing the devil's advocate, how will it be known that I have uninstalled the key?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4. Posts : 7,723
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1709
       28 Nov 2017 #4

It has been my experience that MS does not control those licenses that closely. I have a two user license. Every so often I have to re-install. If there hasn't been a long period of time between re-installation MS challenges you to go through telephone activation, if a lot of water has flowed under bridge it just activates.

They have to have a way to allow you to re-install and there is a touch of the honor system.

Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

5.    29 Nov 2017 #5

Caledon Ken said: View Post
    It has been my experience that MS does not control those licenses that closely. I have a two user license. Every so often I have to re-install. If there hasn't been a long period of time between re-installation MS challenges you to go through telephone activation, if a lot of water has flowed under bridge it just activates. They have to have a way to allow you to re-install and there is a touch of the honor system. Ken
    My Office 2010 must check the activation status quite frequently - e.g. if I disable the network connection then it reports not activated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec