Windows 10: Microsoft Word Loading at every startup mutliple times

1.    16 Nov 2017 #1

Microsoft Word Loading at every startup mutliple times

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me. Every time I boot up my computer running windows 10, microsoft word will open up the normal.dotm template multiple times.

I have attached a screenshot to show you. I have tried looking in the startup folder, registry editor...everything but it keeps happening.

Sometimes it opens up about 20 different windows on the taskbar so its getting very annoying.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2. Posts : 198
    Windows 10 Pro
       16 Nov 2017 #2

Have you checked if its a task in task scheduler? Only other place I can think :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       16 Nov 2017 #3

michaelswift said: View Post
    .... Every time I boot up my computer running windows 10, microsoft word will open up the normal.dotm template multiple times.
    Welcome to TenForums @michaelswift

What version of Windows 10 do you have? Run Winver to find out. Have you got the Fall Creators Update yet, version 1709? If you are not on the Fall Creators Update the following does not apply to you (yet).

A new feature for the Fall Creators Update is that any registered app that was open when you closed or restarted the PC will be reopened when you next boot up. If you are on version 1709 try to make sure all apps are closed before you shut down.

Bree said:
    Workarounds have been found, Alt-F4 on the desktop still shuts down the old way. Shortcuts using the shutdown command can also be used. My preferred method is the shortcuts, putting them in a folder means I can have a toolbar on my taskbar for quick access.

on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before

Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Jason (MS) said:
    There's always a subset of users who do not like any change that gets made to the OS.

The small amount of feedback that has come in from folks who don't like this change is far outweighed by the folks who have noted that they like the "get me back to where I was" experience, not to mention this being a step to getting seamless updates (or as close as possible) to being a reality.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...page=12&auth=1
      My ComputersSystem Spec

4.    16 Nov 2017 #4

Hi:

You are not the only one that is having this same problem. On this computer with Windows 10 Pro and the latest updates I am having the same problem, yet I only get 2 instances of MS Word opening up. I have checked with a few aftermarket programs and MS Word is not in the start list, and it is also not in the schedules list of startup programs. A bit annoying though. Funny though, this is the only computer out of 5 running Windows 10 Pro and the latest updates to have this problem, so it appears to be random.
      My ComputerSystem Spec