PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

1. Posts : 143
    Windows 10

PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Windows was updated yesterday with an Excel Update. There were also some other program updates, including Malwarebytes. I am not sure which update did something, but now previewing a PDF in Outlook 2010 does not work at all. I get PDF Preview Handler errors. I know this isn't an Outlook forum but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 27,669
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1

Hi Gator5000e.

First I would disable Malwarebytes to rule it out as a cause.

If problem persists open Outlook 2010, go to Outlook Options, Trust Center, then Trust Center Setting, Attachment Handling. Review settings.

Have you checked the event log to see if there is better error data within?

Another excellent resource for all issue Outlook, https://www.slipstick.com/

Ken
      My Computer

3. Posts : 143
    Windows 10

Two steps solved the issue. I reverted back to MB 2 and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat. I've had no issue with MB 2 but MB 3 seems to have a bunch of bugs that they are trying to sort out. I appreciate the reply though.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 27,669
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1

Thanks for posting solution. I've seen quite a few comments on MalwareBytes 3 being problematic.
      My Computer