What happened to Windows+Shift+N to launch OneNote?


  1. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       13 Apr 2016 #1

    What happened to Windows+Shift+N to launch OneNote?


    I had the free version of OneNote 2013 installed in Win 7 Pro. With that version pressing Windows+Shift+N would launch OneNote. Since I upgraded to Win 10 and switched to the built in OneNote 2016 I cannot find a shortcut key to launch it. Is there a key combination to launch OneNote in Win 10 or is there a way to create one? Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. hTconeM9user's Avatar
    Posts : 2,680
    Windows 10x64 Home Version 1803 (Build 17134) 407
       13 Apr 2016 #2

    Bazsl said: View Post
    I had the free version of OneNote 2013 installed in Win 7 Pro. With that version pressing Windows+Shift+N would launch OneNote. Since I upgraded to Win 10 and switched to the built in OneNote 2016 I cannot find a shortcut key to launch it. Is there a key combination to launch OneNote in Win 10 or is there a way to create one? Thanks.
    Just used Windows+Shift+N
    It opens ok in Windows 10
    But
    I have mine in the Taskbar
    How I did it was
    Find it in all Apps
    Right Click
    Up will come a menu
    Go to the middle one
    Which is More
    Click on More
    Then click Pin To Taskbar
    That is how I did it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,238
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       13 Apr 2016 #3

    Bazsl said: View Post
    I had the free version of OneNote 2013 installed in Win 7 Pro. With that version pressing Windows+Shift+N would launch OneNote. Since I upgraded to Win 10 and switched to the built in OneNote 2016 I cannot find a shortcut key to launch it. Is there a key combination to launch OneNote in Win 10 or is there a way to create one? Thanks.
    I don't have OneNote 2016.
    Will this keyboard shortcut article make any sense to you ?

    Keyboard shortcuts in OneNote 2016 for Windows
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...9-e80fdcc87950
    Last edited by davidhk; 13 Apr 2016 at 22:39.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       13 Apr 2016 #4

    Windows+Shift+N would open OneNote 2013 under Windows 10. However, I uninstalled OneNote 2013 and began using the version of OneNote that comes as part of Windows 10 (I think that is OneNote 2016). Windows+Shift+N does not work with the version that comes with Win 10. Pinning to the task bar helps but I was really hooked on the shortcut key. Thanks for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. hTconeM9user's Avatar
    Posts : 2,680
    Windows 10x64 Home Version 1803 (Build 17134) 407
       14 Apr 2016 #5

    Bazsl said: View Post
    Windows+Shift+N would open OneNote 2013 under Windows 10. However, I uninstalled OneNote 2013 and began using the version of OneNote that comes as part of Windows 10 (I think that is OneNote 2016). Windows+Shift+N does not work with the version that comes with Win 10. Pinning to the task bar helps but I was really hooked on the shortcut key. Thanks for your help.
    Put the shortcut in taskbar
    Then press those keys
    Up in left top corner your curser will flash
    It does open but be warned hold them too long and you get 4 One Notes open
    just go to taskbar One Note click on it and you can delete 3 or more of them leaving the one you want
    I have been trying it out so I do know how it works
    Hope that helps you a bit more
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,238
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       14 Apr 2016 #6

    Bazsl said: View Post
    . Pinning to the task bar helps but I was really hooked on the shortcut key. Thanks for your help.
    It is best for you if you ask this question in a forum dedicated solely for MS Office questions.
    The link below is for MS Office OneNote forum.
    Register there and ask the experts of OneNote there.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...e_365hp?auth=1


    Adding............... have you tried the link about keyboard shortcut keys I posted on post #3 ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
hi guys im new here and i need your help, i have this tablet run by windows 10 the problem is i have restarted it and it failed to reset because it shutdown and when i turned it on again it shows an error that you need to restart it then i followed...
OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App in Microsoft Office and 365
Which one should I keep and use?
Source: Bing Image Search + OneNote OneNote Online Spell Check update - Office Blogs
Read more at: Microsoft's Windows 9: Much ado about little, given cloud shift | ZDNet
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51.
Find Us