Windows 10: Office 2016 - Latest update - Black Theme now Gone Solved

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

  1. Posts : 20,125
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       06 Jan 2018 #61

    antspants said: View Post
    I have Office Pro Plus click to run 2016. I have white/colorful/dark gray
    No Black

    v.1711 B.8730.2165 Click-To-Run
    How often do you get updates, Ants?

    Thinking out loud, I wonder if enough people complained about Black being missing that it's being put back and just hasn't reached those not on Insider Builds yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    06 Jan 2018 #62

    Wynona said: View Post
    How often do you get updates, Ants?

    Thinking out loud, I wonder if enough people complained about Black being missing that it's being put back and just hasn't reached those not on Insider Builds yet.


    Hello Wynona (I have always just loooved that name)

    My win 10 pro 64bit is supposed to update all MS products but I manually updated Office 2016 today from the Office account page, seems there were updates, Wynona, taking me to the update I specified above, no Dark. It is odd how the themes are discriminating Office versions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,125
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       06 Jan 2018 #63

    antspants said: View Post


    Hello Wynona (I have always just loooved that name)

    My win 10 pro 64bit is supposed to update all MS products but I manually updated Office 2016 today from the Office account page, seems there were updates, Wynona, taking me to the update I specified above, no Dark. It is odd how the themes are discriminating Office versions.
    Well, there goes that theory. Thanks for the rep.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    09 Jan 2018 #64

    antspants said: View Post


    Hello Wynona (I have always just loooved that name)

    My win 10 pro 64bit is supposed to update all MS products but I manually updated Office 2016 today from the Office account page, seems there were updates, Wynona, taking me to the update I specified above, no Dark. It is odd how the themes are discriminating Office versions.
    Mine has the Black theme with 365 ProPlus on Monthly Channel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	171696
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
       25 Feb 2018 #65

    I tried flybynite's DHJOHNS Office_C2R_Color_Changer_v1.5 however it tells me:
    Sorry You Can't Use This Program
    You Must Have a Click-to-Run Version of Office Installed

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    4 Weeks Ago #66

    Veracious said: View Post
    I tried flybynite's DHJOHNS Office_C2R_Color_Changer_v1.5 however it tells me:
    Sorry You Can't Use This Program
    You Must Have a Click-to-Run Version of Office Installed

    Having the same issue!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home|Version 1803|OS Build 17134.81
       1 Week Ago #67

    Wynona said: View Post
    Good morning, Numbers; welcome to Ten Forums

    Although I don't need the black theme, there are others who do, so thanks for that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	38 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	191791
    When I clicked disable inheritance that popped up. Which should I choose?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 20,125
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       1 Week Ago #68

    Jace003 said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	38 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	191791
    When I clicked disable inheritance that popped up. Which should I choose?
    Sorry, I dunno! Never seen that before, although Outlook isn't playing very nice in Build 17686.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home|Version 1803|OS Build 17134.81
       1 Week Ago #69

    Wynona said: View Post
    Sorry, I dunno! Never seen that before, although Outlook isn't playing very nice in Build 17686.
    Ok thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    1 Week Ago #70

    " UI Theme reg folder " WHERE can I find this folder ?
    I only have a UI Theme (dword) reg-key in the "common" folder ( regedit).
    When set to 4 its black , only once ! After second opening Outlook its 5 again !
    How to change this behaviour with permissions.........?

    How can we keep this value at "4" , after closing/starting Outlook ...................??
    Last edited by pietcorus2; 1 Week Ago at 09:09.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

    Related Threads
    Office 2016 latest update BLACK Theme in Microsoft Office and 365
    Hi there YMMV but I'm not so sure about this one --it has a certain charm and probably will be liked by younger users on these boards -- however it's worth a look. After latest Office 2016 update there's the BLACK Theme . I don't have Office...
    This was a pretty odd thing especially considering the effect. In the normal Startup or on the task-bar the icons for each program are where I put them and look and work normally. However, on my desktop itself, they only show up as white squares....
    Source: Office 2016 Preview update 2 - Office Blogs Get Office 2016: Office 2016 Preview download page (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (32 bit) (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (64 bit)
    Office Office 2016 on Windows Preview update in Windows 10 News
    Source: http://blogs.office.com/2015/06/04/office-2016-on-windows-preview-update/
    Read more: Leaked screenshots from latest Office 2016 build reveals new colorful theme | Windows Central
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.
    Find Us