Microsoft Office

1. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 home

Microsoft Office

I do not need Microsoft Office that came with Win 10 is it safe to uninstall it from Programme and Features in Control Panel?
      My Computer

2. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348

MS Office has never been a freebie. It could not have "come with" Windows 10.

You find it in Programs and Features ?
    Would you show us the full name that listed in Programs and Features, or a screenshot ?
      My Computer

3. Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

davidhk said:
    MS Office has never been a freebie. It could not have "come with" Windows 10.

You find it in Programs and Features ?
    Would you show us the full name that listed in Programs and Features, or a screenshot ?
    tommo probably meant Get Office Apps or link to download and try Office for 30 days.

tommo are you sure you need Office?
      My Computer

4. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 home

Thanks Guys,I have uninstalled the "Get office" App,since you say Office does not come with Win 10 could it have been pre-installed on the HP Pavillion desktop PC? I didn't notice it 'cos I upgraded immediately to Win 10 from 8.1.It is in the Progs list, Microsoft Office,installed 20/07/2015, 593MB,version 15.0.4641.1005.If I try to open it from the start menu it won't open but gives me the option to try,buy or activate with product key which I don't have.Can I safely uninstall it without breaking anything?
      My Computer

5. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348

Yes. It is safe to uninstall.
    It is just a trial version, if you have no use for Microsoft Office, then get rid of it.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 home

Thanks for your help,I'll create a restore point and uninstall it
      My Computer

7. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023

Microsoft Office Online - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on the web

Office Online - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Free Microsoft Office: Is Office Online Worth Using?

There actually is an Office Online that is lightweight and completely free. I don't use it because I have a subscription to Office 365; thus, I have never explored it.

The third link above is to "How To Geeks" and is a review of the lightweight online suite. Very interesting, to say the least.
      My Computer