Office 2010 installation error 1935.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #1

    Office 2010 installation error 1935.


    I surrender.

    Updated to Win 10- received 2010 single image error- uninstalled Office 2010 with Fixit utility off of MS website,
    Single Image error code- no longer a problem.
    Tried to reinstall Office 2010 from CD- error code 1935.
    - uninstalled / reinstalled framework.net- nope.
    - renamed Microsoft Help Folder- nope.
    - re-installed Win 10 off of USB- nope.
    - tried to install in compatibility mode for 8.1- nope.

    I've ran CCleaner and Norton Utilities hoping they would clean out some left over garbage but that wasn't it.
    What I've found online to address this issue either isn't for Win 10 or it's a fix some 3rd Party software.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks-
    Late
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 609
    W10
       #2

    I have not evaluated that problem in detail, but it may be caused by a broken installation of Net Framework, by some brokenness in Windows Installer or by incorrect registry entries of Office 2010. Anyway, searching for "Office 2010" install 1935 gives me more than 50.000 results...
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    I had 1 MS Windows technician and 1 Office Technician remoted into my system last night for 2 hrs. neither were able to solve it. Windows guy said it was an Office problem- Office guy says it's a framework problem and advised me to call Window Tech again.

    I've uninstalled / reinstalled the network framework without success. The installer tells me that I already have it in my OS and closes.

    If you have a link to a Windows 10- Office 2010 install 1935 fix- please share- because there aren't 50 of those.

    If you think the solution for a 1935 error for a different OS will work on Win 10 also- please let me know that as well.

    Thanks
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 609
    W10
       #4

    I don't have a solution currently, but I guess there should be something somewhere... Yes, since the error and the symptoms are the same, I think that solutions, which worked in Windows 8/Windows 7 may also help in Windows 10.

    For Net Framework, there is a Microsoft .NET Framework Cleanup Tool; this should enable you to remove Net Framework and then to reinstall it so that it no longer is broken...
    Last edited by Joergi; 21 Oct 2015 at 12:57.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Thanks- I'll be working on it again after work- tonights focus is on the framework.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    WOW. Ok- after 2 more technicians and 8.5 hours of total remote time in my system- they were unable to solve it.
    I downloaded an ISO file of Win 10- backed up my broken system- did a clean re-install- ran a disk cleaner- and was finally able to install Office 2010 with no errors!
    I have to re-install a lot of software, my printer and my Ethernet don't work (wi-fi does though- smh) but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    LAte
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 7
       #7

    Just for people finding this thread I had the exact same issue and was able to fix it by deleting two registry keys
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform
      My Computer

  8. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,432
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #8

    Late4ttime said:
    WOW. Ok- after 2 more technicians and 8.5 hours of total remote time in my system- they were unable to solve it.
    I downloaded an ISO file of Win 10- backed up my broken system- did a clean re-install- ran a disk cleaner- and was finally able to install Office 2010 with no errors!
    I have to re-install a lot of software, my printer and my Ethernet don't work (wi-fi does though- smh) but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    LAte
    In general, a clean install usually fixes most issues, instead of spending countless time trying this and that and might actually making the matter worse.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1
    Windows 7, 10
       #9

    Worked


    RedwoodHighway said:
    Just for people finding this thread I had the exact same issue and was able to fix it by deleting two registry keys
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform
    Thx RedwoodHighway. Just want to confirm, that it worked for me on a fresh Windows 7. At first HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office refused to be deleted. So I had to delete the subentries first.
    Rodyz
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1
    Windows 10, iOS, Windows xp
       #10

    rodyz said:
    Thx RedwoodHighway. Just want to confirm, that it worked for me on a fresh Windows 7. At first HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office refused to be deleted. So I had to delete the subentries first.
    Rodyz

    Just a thought...may or not be relevant,
    if those keys are set it can be because there is an inactive version of msoffice preloaded.
    it was in my case.
    better to uninstall the preloaded version than manually delete registry keys.

    it is pretty disgraceful that the loading fails with an obscure error, like 1935 - than checks for later versions, not just prior,
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:50.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums