Redoing Multiple Undo's in Word

1. MHP
    Windows 10

Redoing Multiple Undo's in Word

I am running Windows 10.

I recently switched from Office 19 to Microsoft 365. In Word in Office 19, you could undo a series of changes, and then redo that same series of changes back to the point where you started.

Now that I am using Word in Microsoft 365, it seems that you can still undo multiple changes, and sometimes redo those same changes, but at other times you can only redo one of the changes. Is there a way that I can make it so that I can always redo all of the undo’s?

Thanks.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 1,253
    Windows 10

Have not used word for a long time so i am only going by how it works in other application.

It is common for application to have track history which takes up memory, Sometimes this can be set to a number where it will only recall changes up to that number, it will then start voiding the history in a round robin effect as it does use memory to store history and depending on the context can grow quite large in memory use.

In many programs sometimes you can increase the history so that it remembers more changes not sure if this is possible in word.

I think there is a point when going between undo and redo that the history will reset because you have done X amount of updates over the threshold defined by the application and that sounds like what you may be experiencing.
    There is no way to escape this outside of increasing the amount of changes the app can store in its history if it is possible.

Like for example some software i use i can set to obscenely large amounts like example Blender i can set that to any setting i want but it would chug memory if it was set to a high number. 256 undo steps is what i have set to and that is quite considerable when needing to go back in time.
      My Computer