How can I find O365 product key?

1. Posts : 91
    win10 professional 64 bit

How can I find O365 product key?

Bought a new Dell laptop and went into my MS account and installed Office 365. It is asking me for the product i.d. number. I went through numerous screens on the MS website following their directions, but I'm going in circles. Can y'all help me locate it on my current desktop? The new laptop is on win11 and i have no idea where to find the version number, but it has all the latest updates as of this morning. Thanks.
    Mark
      My Computer

2. Posts : 17,049
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

Mark,

The Product Key would have been provided to you during the purchase.
    That's the code they want.
    Until then, you are just using 365 on trial. It might work fully for a period or it might, for example, allow you to create & edit files then not allow you to save them. They've varied their limitations on trial versions and I don't know what the current ones are.

By the way, you can get your Windows version by running the command WinVer
    Right-click on the Start menu, choose Run / PowerShell / Command prompt and enter the command WinVer in any one of those places.

Denis
      My Computer

3. Posts : 91

I did purchase O365 from microsoft. Going through their pages, it says to go to order history to get the product i.d. I bought O365 over 2 years ago for a automatic payment of $99.99/year. It is not showing in my order history.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 17,049
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

Mark,

That makes me think you used a different MSAccount for the purchase.
    Perhaps the product key & the email address used are in an email or other document from the time of the first payment?

Best of luck,
    Denis
      My Computer

5. Posts : 91

Well, after going through multiple pages, sometimes in circles, I found the contact ms link. Installed quick assist, and they activated O365 for me. Seems there is only a digital key that is used through my ms account. geez............used to be easy to find the product key. Thanks for all your help.
      My Computer