How to avoid meetings (.ics files) be added without me knowing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Posts : 17,015
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

tfwul said:
    Outlook for Windows
    I assume you mean MSOffice Outlook? As idgat mentioned above, we always have to be very careful when we use the word Outlook because MS have sprinkled it about all over the shop.

tfwul said:
    I never use the online version of Outlook.
    = I never access my MSAccount using my browser.

tfwul said:
    Checked it out just now and the rules that I created in Outlook for Windows are also in the online version, including the one I created just now (the above one).
    Oh, right. I hadn't thought of that.
    Because you are on Exchange, what you set up in MSOffice Outlook for an MSAccount is mirrored in the online MSAccount.
    I've never seen that stated before [I've never known anybody with an Exchange setup before] but it sounds logical.

So what is that MailWasher actually achieving for you?

All the best,
    Denis
    Last edited by Try3; 14 Apr 2023 at 05:11.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Pro

idgat said:
    This is a brief how I handle emails ... I just don't use MS Outlook. Between MS Outlook and OneDrive most consultants who provide services to users can retire comfortably with income derived from the problems these 2 MS atrocities cause the unsuspecting user(s) ... who still insist on using them, despite the more user-controllable alternatives.

I don't either. I've always used Thunderbird. Outlook in my opinion is convoluted BS.
      My Computer

3. Posts : 17,015
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

tfwul said:
    Let's see/hope that it works out fine.
    This says it will -
    Manage email messages by using rules in Outlook - MSSupport
    How to avoid meetings (.ics files) be added without me knowing?-meeting-requests-task-requests-documents.png

In many of my MSOffice Outlook Rules, I also set Stop processing more rules which is one of the entries in one of the Rule setting dialogs. I don't know if it helps in your case or not.
    How to avoid meetings (.ics files) be added without me knowing?-stop-processing-more-rules-2.png

All the best,
    Denis
      My Computer

4. Posts : 2,177
    Windows 11 Pro (latest update ... forever anal)

tfwul said:
    To be honest, I never use the online version of Outlook. Checked it out just now and the rules that I created in Outlook for Windows are also in the online version
    Classic example of the confusion - they all access the internet so they're all "online", and they all need Windows

And there is no such product as "Outlook for Windows".

(EDIT : This latter comment can be explained however because of Microsoft's marketing tactics of including MS Office with Windows installation, and thus I've come across many users who think it's part of Windows .... terminology like Word for Windows or Excel for Windows is not unfamiliar to me)
      My Computers