Office 2010 will not uninsatll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 228
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit
       #1

    Office 2010 will not uninsatll


    I would like to remove Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 from my personal computer which is running Windows 10.Professional,

    I am signed on as Administrator. I went to Setting / Apps / Office Professional Plus 2010 and pressed Uninstall. That did not work. I went to C::/Program Files / Office and pressed Delete. That did not work

    What is preventing these commands from working as they normally do? Is there special permission that needs to be put into effect?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,484
    Win10 Pro
       #2

    Did you follow these instructions?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-2fdf5dbf61d8
    Can you describe what happened?

    There is also an uninstall process here:
    How to manually remove and uninstall Office 2010 on Windows - YouTube
    But, I would definitely make a backup image first because the last steps involve manually editing the registry and it that process goes bad you could be dead in the water.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,156
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v21H2
       #3

    Yesterday uninstalling Office 2007 Standard failed. I reinstalled Office 2007 Standard again. Once I did that I was able to uninstall it successfully.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 17,733
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #4

    KCav45 said:
    I would like to remove Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 from my personal computer which is running Windows 10.Professional,

    I am signed on as Administrator. I went to Setting / Apps / Office Professional Plus 2010 and pressed Uninstall. That did not work. I went to C::/Program Files / Office and pressed Delete. That did not work

    What is preventing these commands from working as they normally do? Is there special permission that needs to be put into effect?


    Option Two, here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-2fdf5dbf61d8
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 146
    Windows 11 Pro
       #5

    KCav45 said:
    I would like to remove Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 from my personal computer which is running Windows 10.Professional,

    I am signed on as Administrator. I went to Setting / Apps / Office Professional Plus 2010 and pressed Uninstall. That did not work. I went to C::/Program Files / Office and pressed Delete. That did not work

    What is preventing these commands from working as they normally do? Is there special permission that needs to be put into effect?
    You can use this tool to completely remove all Offie editions all all their remnants:

    OfficeScrubber

    Make sure to right-click on the file you just downloaded, go to Properties, then hit Unblock from the bottom right as it may be blocked since it was downloaded from the internet, if you don't do this before you run the file or extract it, then it may not install correctly due to insufficient privileges.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 228
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Hi Spartan,

    I downloaded and ran OfficerSrcrubber_5f. It not remove Office 2010 from my PC.

    KCav
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 146
    Windows 11 Pro
       #7

    KCav45 said:
    Hi Spartan,

    I downloaded and ran OfficerSrcrubber_5f. It not remove Office 2010 from my PC.

    KCav
    Try this one and lemme know if it works:

    Microsoft Toolkit v2.7.1

    Password to unzip the file: 2020
    Last edited by Spartan; 06 May 2021 at 13:23.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 228
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Windows blocked the file from running. Should I turn Windows Protection off?

    KC



    Office 2010 will not uninsatll-image.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 146
    Windows 11 Pro
       #9

    KCav45 said:
    Windows blocked the file from running. Should I turn Windows Protection off?

    KC



    Office 2010 will not uninsatll-image.png
    Yes this tool is perfectly safe. I always have SmartSreen off. I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 26,991
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #10
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums