Afraid this is a Scam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023

elbmek said:
    totally agree. After I got stung - I spoke to MS and they said we wil lsell you a proper key. No I said, on principle, I already have one. So I downloaded open office, which works just fine. And, on advice from within, I also downloaded Libre, another very good piece of software. No going back for me, no need.
    I gotta say, Elbmek, it wasn't Microsoft's fault you got stung. I agree that Libre Office is almost as good as Microsoft Office, but having used Office for the past 30 or 40 years, for me, it just doesn't compare.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023

elbmek said:
    thanks everyone for the input, interesting reading

- - - Updated - - -

I have Skype and its a different password to any MS ones I have. I do not use an MS account to open though, so that might be the reason.
    Yes, those who have used Skype from the "old days" have commented that they have a different account and password. However, if you use Skype that comes built-in to Windows, it's a different story entirely.

I know unequivocally that when I changed the password for OneDrive, the password was changed for Windows and Skype also. I know because when I used the old password to get into Skype, it didn't work. I shut down, rebooted, and tried to use the old password on Windows . . . she no worky! Using the new OneDrive password was key.

Yeah, the rules change when you boot without a Microsoft account; I've never not used a MS account, so I'm not qualified to get any further into why.
      My Computer