OneNote Syncing Message

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Posts : 15
    Windows 10

OneNote Syncing Message

Hello,

I keep getting this message when I open OneNote: "To sync this notebook sign into OneNote."

I checked everything and I am signed in to OneNote, my MS account, and OneDrive. Everything seems to be syncing just fine. Does anyone know why I keep getting this message and how do I make it go away?

Thank you.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 27,673
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1

Hi

What devices are you syncing between? (you said it is syncing.)

Which OneNote are you running, desktop or Windows 10 App. I'm running W10 app.

OneNote Syncing Message-image.png

In W10 App if you click on three dots upper right, then settings, then Accounts have you tried signing out and back in?
      My Computer

3. Posts : 15
    Windows 10

Caledon Ken said:
    Hi

What devices are you syncing between? (you said it is syncing.)

Which OneNote are you running, desktop or Windows 10 App. I'm running W10 app.

OneNote Syncing Message-image.png

In W10 App if you click on three dots upper right, then settings, then Accounts have you tried signing out and back in?
    Thanks for your reply.

I am using the version that came with my MS Office 365 subscription. Despite what it's telling me, it is, indeed, syncing with OneDrive.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 27,673

Click the three dots upper right, settings, about.

I too installed Office 365 but this was replaced by the Win10 app. (not of my doing).

Does it show the same as my screen print.
      My Computer

5. Posts : 15
    Windows 10

Caledon Ken said:
    Click the three dots upper right, settings, about.

I too installed Office 365 but this was replaced by the Win10 app. (not of my doing).

Does it show the same as my screen print.
    No. The Office 365 version does not have the 3 dots, upper right, settings, about.

But I did find that I have Version 2005 (build 12827.20258 click-to-run) Current Channel.

I am not using the Windows 10 app version.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 27,673

Interesting. Was helping someone else and their installed version was also replaced with the W10 app.

Wonder why yours wasn't? (The mysteries of Microsoft.)

I wonder if in some convoluted way this has something to do with it.

I guess the same test would apply, sign out and then sign in?

Maybe it would be better to see if a member has the desktop app and see if they have a recommendation.
      My Computer

7. Posts : 15
    Windows 10

Caledon Ken said:
    Interesting. Was helping someone else and their installed version was also replaced with the W10 app.

Wonder why yours wasn't? (The mysteries of Microsoft.)

I wonder if in some convoluted way this has something to do with it.

I guess the same test would apply, sign out and then sign in?

Maybe it would be better to see if a member has the desktop app and see if they have a recommendation.
    I had both versions on my computer. I uninstalled the Windows 10 app version. Additionally, I have tried signing out and back in. It doesn't seem to resolve anything.
      My Computer

8. Posts : 27,673

The plot thickens.

You may say no but .....

What about re-installing the Windows 10 app and then signing in.

As I said on my machine this switch was done for me after I started OneNote. Wonder if yours did the same and you were smart enough to catch and then say so I don't want app.
      My Computer

9. Posts : 15
    Windows 10

Caledon Ken said:
    The plot thickens.

You may say no but .....

What about re-installing the Windows 10 app and then signing in.

As I said on my machine this switch was done for me after I started OneNote. Wonder if yours did the same and you were smart enough to catch and then say so I don't want app.
    For me, the installation of the Windows 10 app version came when I updated to Windows 10 v. 2004. One day I noticed I had two versions of OneNote. So I promptly uninstalled the Windows 10 app version. However, I was getting this error prior to uninstalling the Windows 10 app version.
      My Computer

10. Posts : 27,673

I believe you. Maybe the 2004 install tripped what ever was trip for me and the other member.

Let's see if another member, still using the desktop version might be able to shed some light.

I can tell you the app seems to do everything I want it to do. I have it on my iPhone and iPad and the sync works.
      My Computer