Sync Outlook to another PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Posts : 160
    Windows 10 PRO

Sync Outlook to another PC

I subscribe to Microsoft 365 Personal and can install it on all of my devices.
    I just purchased a Microsoft Surface GO 2 with 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD and Intel Core m3 processor.
    I was looking at "Code 2 Outlook Sync" and contacted them with a question. The response I got was this
    "Iím afraid CodeTwo Outlook Sync does not support Surface GO2. The program was designed to synchronize Outlook only between"
    Why would they say that? I wonder what they were smoking. Why would it not work?

Well, anyway, Is there another way to sync Outlook .pst in real time either direction so that if I do anything on one PC it would be the same on the other PC.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 1,466
    Windows 10 Pro

N7AS said:
    I subscribe to Microsoft 365 Personal and can install it on all of my devices.
    I just purchased a Microsoft Surface GO 2 with 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD and Intel Core m3 processor.
    I was looking at "Code 2 Outlook Sync" and contacted them with a question. The response I got was this
    "Iím afraid CodeTwo Outlook Sync does not support Surface GO2. The program was designed to synchronize Outlook only between"
    Why would they say that? I wonder what they were smoking. Why would it not work?

Well, anyway, Is there another way to sync Outlook .pst in real time either direction so that if I do anything on one PC it would be the same on the other PC.
    An Outlook file format .pst would suggest you're still using POP email. Change your email account to IMAP and you won't need to sync Outlook <> Outlook - you will sync with your email server instead. And your Outlook file will become an .ost extension file.

Being able to change to IMAP email account is probably the reason MS saw it unnecessary to enable synching between devices.
      My Computer

3. Posts : 160
    Windows 10 PRO

Ok, I guess I will call Godaddy and see if I can change to IMAP.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 5,828
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2

idgat said:
    An Outlook file format .pst would suggest you're still using POP email.
    That's not necessarily true since you can use a .pst file with either protocol (IMAP or POP). The pst file is just an Outlook file format and could care less what email protocol is used. And BTW I also use a .pst file with the Outlook 365 desktop email app.

That said, yes, the OP would want to use IMAP to sync files... provided their ISP supports it.
      My Computers

5. Posts : 160
    Windows 10 PRO

sygnus21 said:
    That's not necessarily true since you can use a .pst file with either protocol (IMAP or POP). The pst file is just an Outlook file format and could care less what email protocol is used. And BTW I also use a .pst file with the Outlook 365 desktop email app.

That said, yes, the OP would want to use IMAP to sync files... provided their ISP supports it.
    I looked at my account on Godaddy and think it will cost me to change to IMAP. I will call them in the morning as even though I can call them 24/7, I don't want to wake my wife. I am always getting in trouble.
    I am looking for a FREE alternative.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 5,828
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2

N7AS said:
    I looked at my account on Godaddy and think it will cost me to change to IMAP.
    Never heard of anybody charging for IMAP over POP. That's not a chargeable item. Anyway all you need to do is get the correct server info from your email provider to configure IMAP.
      My Computers

7. Posts : 10,545
    Windows 10 Workstation x64

sygnus21 said:
    Never heard of anybody charging for IMAP over POP. That's not a chargeable item. Anyway all you need to do is get the correct server info from your email provider to configure IMAP.
    I thought the same and just checked, apparently IMAP isn't available on the free plan, I'm amazed that's the case in 2020 but it must be how they push people to the paid plans.
      My Computers

8. Posts : 160
    Windows 10 PRO

If I can change my Godaddy account to IMAP, will I still have all my email folders and subfolders in Outlook?
      My Computer

9. Posts : 10,545

You will need to recreate them in your imap mailbox and move over any already stored mail that you want to have in them, once you have done that every mail client you connect will have your folder structure and a live mailbox that is the same on all devices.
      My Computers

10. Posts : 10,545

I suppose if you wanted free you could get a gmail account and set that to collect mail from your current free mailbox and use your domain email address as the sender, gmail imap would then sync with all your devices.
      My Computers