unable to access word files

1. Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Home. 19044.1706 winVersion 21H2

unable to access word files

Hi all,
    I turned on the comp this a.m. and clicked on a saved word doc and I got this message. Tried other docs but anything in word I try to open comes up with the same. Any ideas guys?
    Win version 1909
    Office 2013
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unable to access word files-capture.jpg  
      My Computers

2. Posts : 1,474
    Windows 10 Pro

I'm a member/contributor to a number of forums similar to this one, and there seems to be an influx of (various) problems arising with users of Office 2013 (and/or its individual component programs), not the least of them being users unable to open files (with varying errors).

Maybe it's time has come, and it's getting increasingly incompatible with Windows 10 (even though Microsoft claim an extended support cycle to 2023)?

Try uninstalling it (use Geek Uninstaller, RevoUninstaller freeware version) then re-install.
      My Computer

3. Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Home. 19044.1706 winVersion 21H2

Thanks. Did just that, uninstalled and whacked it back on and walah, no problem
      My Computers

4. Posts : 1,474
    Windows 10 Pro

Glad we could keep it this side of the Pacific ...
      My Computer