Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned


  1. Posts : 449
    win 10
       #1

    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned


    I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D:
    In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file
    One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension
    The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not include the file extension
    If I pin a recent file like D:\OneDrive etc then subsequently click the pinned file it disappears from the pinned list!
    This doesn't happen for a recent file like https://d.docs.live.net etc
    This does not occur for at least Word or Visio
    What if any is the consequence of opening a recent file like https://d.docs.live.net etc?
    Why are such files showing in the recent files jumplist, what are they and why are they missing the file extension?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,829
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #2

    robgr said:
    I sometimes see two entries for a file
    One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension
    The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not include the file extension
    That's not an issue as one is pointing to the local drive, while the other is pointing to the online location. The online location isn't going to include the file extension. That's normal behavior - no issue.

    robgr said:
    What if any is the consequence of opening a recent file like https://d.docs.live.net etc?
    Opening the files directly from the server (online) vs. locally (D:\OneDrive) simply means you're updating/opening the file on the server vs. the local file on you're PC (D:\OneDrive). The difference here is if you're offline the local file may not be sync'd with the online file. Vice versa - being offline would only allow access to the local file.

    That said, I tend to use the local file and let it sync with the online file as opposed to other way around which could cause file mismatches.

    Bottom line you have no issues, and all is good.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 449
    win 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thank you sygnus21 for your reply
    Any idea why if I pin a recent file like D:\OneDrive etc then subsequently click the pinned file it disappears from the pinned jumplist?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,829
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #4

    robgr said:
    Thank you sygnus21 for your reply
    Any idea why if I pin a recent file like D:\OneDrive etc then subsequently click the pinned file it disappears from the pinned jumplist?
    Not sure. I would open the local file (D drive) and right click the taskbar, right click the open file, and click "Pin to this list" That will pin the item as shown in my example below with "Electronics" ...

    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned-excel-jump-lists.png
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 449
    win 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    This is an Office 365 bug, disable office sync if it's an option for you
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0ffec20?page=2
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,829
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #6

    robgr said:
    This is an Office 365 bug, disable office sync if it's an option for you
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0ffec20?page=2
    I wouldn't call it a big problem. It's not like that thread has hundreds saying they have the issue.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums