Open Office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,380
    Win 10 x 64 Home
       #1

    Open Office


    I stopped using MS Office when they refused me a licence because I had been conned by a 'reputable' company who sold me office and hacked the code. Until MS Office relent - sod off.
      My Computer

  2. Mystere's Avatar
    Posts : 3,223
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    You expect Microsoft to honor a fraudulent license from a fraudulent company that sold you it? They would go out of business.
      My Computer

  3. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,380
    Win 10 x 64 Home
    Thread Starter
       #3

    It was a long time ago but, they should honour an honest mistake especially as the provided a 'link' for code allegedly MS. I told MS who didnt give a ****. Open Office is very good, but its not Office. I'll stay where I am until MS relent, which they wont, ever. The company even claimed MS affiliation.
      My Computer

  4. Mystere's Avatar
    Posts : 3,223
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    Any random scammer can claim (and probably does) that they're affiliated with microsoft. Microsoft has no responsibility to honor that. It's unfortunate (for you), but if they honored it millions of people would all be saying "i was scammed, give me a free license".
      My Computer

  5. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 4,373
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778
       #5

    For several years, MS have maintained a Counterfeit Software Report procedure for which they have rewarded reporters with a free licence for the software concerned.

    I have not heard back from anybody using this procedure since about 2012 but the webpage still exists so perhaps the whole report-reward scheme does.

    Denis
      My Computer

  6. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,220
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    I don't in any way see why Microsoft should help you out. If you bought the license from the Microsoft store and it didn't work, then they owe you a license. If you bought software and a license from another other vendor and it didn't work, you are going to have to deal with the company that sold you the software and license.
      My Computers


  7. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 9,061
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #7

    Hi there

    Ever since there have been Humans on this planet doing any sort of "trading", Bartering or whatever the advice has always (and always will be ) CAVEAT EMPTOR -- even those who don't know Latin will understand what that means. Perhaps in more popular English the AYOR warning is similar.

    If one gets Scammed then it's hardly the fault of Ms. If you bought the product from a known re-seller e.g Amazon etc then you can try and get your money back --otherwise if the product does not work for any reason you can then get your money back - in most cases - from your CREDIT (not DEBIT) card as most jurisdictions -- at least in UK, EU/EEA, USA, Canada, Australia, N.Z etc have protection for buying via credit cards. Note it's the CARD company who are liable not necessarily your one Bank.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  8. idgat's Avatar
    Posts : 464
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.752
       #8

    elbmek said:
    I stopped using MS Office when they refused me a licence because I had been conned by a 'reputable' company who sold me office and hacked the code. Until MS Office relent - sod off.
    elbmek said:
    It was a long time ago but, they should honour an honest mistake especially as the provided a 'link' for code allegedly MS. I told MS who didnt give a ****. Open Office is very good, but its not Office. I'll stay where I am until MS relent, which they wont, ever. The company even claimed MS affiliation.


    Flabbergasted. Stunned. You expect Microsoft to honour a fraudulent purchase because of your naivity ???? A fool and their money are soon parted, as the saying goes.

    Who said it was a "reputable" company ? Who said it was affiliated with Microsoft ?

    BTW, try LibreOffice, better than OO and closer to MS Office (Write = Word, Calc = Excel). And a good freeware publishing program, try Scribus (arguably even better than MS Publisher)
      My Computer

  9. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,380
    Win 10 x 64 Home
    Thread Starter
       #9

    idgat said:

    Flabbergasted. Stunned. You expect Microsoft to honour a fraudulent purchase because of your naivity ???? A fool and their money are soon parted, as the saying goes.

    Who said it was a "reputable" company ? Who said it was affiliated with Microsoft ?

    BTW, try LibreOffice, better than OO and closer to MS Office (Write = Word, Calc = Excel). And a good freeware publishing program, try Scribus (arguably even better than MS Publisher)
    The company has a Microsoft Affiliation logo on its site. I am not naive. Because of their alleged credentials and after checking I took it as genuine. I dont know if I am allowed to post their details in here, or even a link. But I can understand MS not wanting to get involved but did talk to them and explain that this was fraudulent but they have done nothing about it, and probably do not even care. Be nice. Many of these mega corps use third party agents. Kaspersky do for one example. When a person buys a licence it comes from a different company and IS genuine.

    idgate thanks for the heads up, I'll check libre out.
      My Computer

  10. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 4,373
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778
       #10

    elbmek said:
    But I can understand MS not wanting to get involved but did talk to them and explain that this was fraudulent but they have done nothing about it, and probably do not even care.
    Did you read my post?

    Denis
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums