Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

1. Posts : 56
    windows10

SoFine409 said:
    Be sure you remember to ask for a cancellation 30 days before the annual renewal.
    OK but if you cant email or contact through web page how on earth can you do it, I have tried phoning but only get Mr Robot giving a list of numbers to choose from I think the best way is as Berton suggests.
      My Computer

Win10 Pro

caprice said:
    OK but if you cant email or contact through web page how on earth can you do it, I have tried phoning but only get Mr Robot giving a list of numbers to choose from I think the best way is as Berton suggests.
    I just read Berton’s post. It sounds like a great idea, wish I’d thought of it.
      My Computers

3. Posts : 56
    windows10

I have found the postal address for my local Office and have written to them explaining what has happened, I have asked for a refund of some sort and if MS refuse have asked that they ensure that my subscription is cancelled and not renewed also mentioned that recurring payments has been switched off. Due to the present world condition it may take a few days for them to reply but I will post the results.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 56
    windows10

Still no answer from MS but that could be due to lockdown so I will be patient, my latest gripe is that a lot of my short cuts to www sites are now showing (cannot connect try again) ??? this has occurred in the last 3-4hrs. but only on W10 not Vista or Android

On start up this morning the (can not connect) came right so all is well in the world of W10.
    Last edited by caprice; 04 May 2020 at 00:01.
      My Computer

5. Posts : 56
    windows10

At last MS have made contact via email so all I have to do is collect all the details and send to them.
      My Computer

Win10 Pro

caprice said:
    At last MS have made contact via email so all I have to do is collect all the details and send to them.
    Good news. I hope you get your refund.
      My Computers

Windows / Linux : Arch Linux

caprice said:
    I have found the postal address for my local Office and have written to them explaining what has happened, I have asked for a refund of some sort and if MS refuse have asked that they ensure that my subscription is cancelled and not renewed also mentioned that recurring payments has been switched off. Due to the present world condition it may take a few days for them to reply but I will post the results.
    Hi there

If all fails - just ask Bank etc for new credit / debit card -- then money can't be taken any more out of the old one !!!

One shouldn't have to go through that hassle I agree but getting new cards is "The Nuclear option" and it works 100% of the time.

Also cancel any outgoing payments e.g direct debits from Bank etc if you have any of these.

I have VERY FEW (actually only 4) automatic payments from Banks etc -- Amazon prime I pay yearly in 1 go, automatic payments I have only for Internet , NETFLIX, SKY TV and for Utility bills, (no mortgage / rent / car - got rid of that years ago).

Other stuff e,g local / city taxes, insurances etc I just pay when I receive the demand and I gave up mobile phone contract years ago -- I'll bet some people still on contracts could have paid for their phone 3 times over !!! --Sim card pay as you go is much better and cheaper -- especially if you use internet rather than data plans and skype (or equivalent) for calling.

In these times I'd advise anybody to check their finances and payments --amazing probably how many subscriptions / recurring payments one can probably find. Also switch to cheaper alternatives where possible.

Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

Win10 Pro

jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

If all fails - just ask Bank etc for new credit / debit card -- then money can't be taken any more out of the old one !!!

One shouldn't have to go through that hassle I agree but getting new cards is "The Nuclear option" and it works 100% of the time.

Also cancel any outgoing payments e.g direct debits from Bank etc if you have any of these.

I have VERY FEW (actually only 4) automatic payments from Banks etc -- Amazon prime I pay yearly in 1 go, automatic payments I have only for Internet , NETFLIX, SKY TV and for Utility bills, (no mortgage / rent / car - got rid of that years ago).

Other stuff e,g local / city taxes, insurances etc I just pay when I receive the demand and I gave up mobile phone contract years ago -- I'll bet some people still on contracts could have paid for their phone 3 times over !!! --Sim card pay as you go is much better and cheaper -- especially if you use internet rather than data plans and skype (or equivalent) for calling.

In these times I'd advise anybody to check their finances and payments --amazing probably how many subscriptions / recurring payments one can probably find. Also switch to cheaper alternatives where possible.

Cheers
    jimbo
    I have 2 bank cards that let you get virtual card numbers that are locked to a specific vendor. It allows you to simply delete the number or defund it. That way the problem is solved without having to get another card. Simple solution.
      My Computers

Windows / Linux : Arch Linux

SoFine409 said:
    I have 2 bank cards that let you get virtual card numbers that are locked to a specific vendor. It allows you to simply delete the number or defund it. That way the problem is solved without having to get another card. Simple solution.
    Hi there
    even better !!

problem solved then !!

Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

10. Posts : 56
    windows10

I checked my CC statement this morning and the MS refund had been made a couple of days ago and in full I was surprised that it took a letter to make contact, but all is fixed and I am happy,
      My Computer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast