Team Availability


  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #1

    Team Availability


    Hi.

    I'm looking for something, whether it be app, website, shared Excel maybe ... where a team member toggles if they are in the office or not. Other team members then have visibility in a list of who's available that day.

    Seems a simple request and I've done a quick Google but nothing stands out?
      My Computer

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,207
    Windows 10
       #2

    sobeitjedi said:
    Hi.

    I'm looking for something, whether it be app, website, shared Excel maybe ... where a team member toggles if they are in the office or not. Other team members then have visibility in a list of who's available that day.

    Seems a simple request and I've done a quick Google but nothing stands out?
    Microsoft Teams
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Edwin said:
    That can give me a simple list of who's in or away based upon what a user selects?
      My Computer

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,207
    Windows 10
       #4

    sobeitjedi said:
    That can give me a simple list of who's in or away based upon what a user selects?
    I'm sure it can!

    It's been a while since I've used it, and I'm sure it's evolved since...,

    Very powerful and sophisticated collaboration software!

    Worth investigating! I wish I could tell you more but, like I said, it's been a while!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Edwin said:
    I'm sure it can!

    It's been a while since I've used it, and I'm sure it's evolved since...,

    Very powerful and sophisticated collaboration software!

    Worth investigating! I wish I could tell you more but, like I said, it's been a while!
    Think it's too elaborate for what I'm seeking. Want to keep it simple
      My Computer

  6. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 15,083
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #6

    Maybe Skype for Business then.
      My Computers

  7. RickC's Avatar
    Posts : 681
    Windows 7 + 10
       #7

    Perhaps Brown Bear Software's online In/Out Board?

    It's free (with adverts). Check the demo board to see if it's what you need or create your own.

    Hope this helps...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #8

    sobeitjedi said:
    Hi.

    I'm looking for something, whether it be app, website, shared Excel maybe ... where a team member toggles if they are in the office or not. Other team members then have visibility in a list of who's available that day.

    Seems a simple request and I've done a quick Google but nothing stands out?
    I would recommend you to use Office 365, which for the Covid MS is giving 6 months free or its free version, and meets what you are asking for.
    Sharing desktops, Video calls, Documents with several users editing it at the same time, and several other things.
    I leave the links for you to see.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ring-covid-19/
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...-trial-license
      My Computer

  9. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 7,534
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #9

    Why not just a folder on a networked shared drive in which there is a file bearing the name of each individual then a set of simple batch files on each computer that hide/unhide their entry in the list?

    Denis
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    RickC said:
    Perhaps Brown Bear Software's online In/Out Board?

    It's free (with adverts). Check the demo board to see if it's what you need or create your own.

    Hope this helps...
    Best answer so far

    - - - Updated - - -

    Found exactly the solution: The Easiest to Use Employee In Out Board Software • Simple In/Out
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums