Updating MS Office 2010 with SledgeHammer

1. Posts : 13
    Win 10

Updating MS Office 2010 with SledgeHammer

I am in the process of 'birthing' my first Win 10 computer and have followed the great advice offered on this forum's sister-board: Making Win10 look and act like Win7 - Windows 7 Help Forums.

I have run into on issue and am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I installed Office 2010 on the computer and need to update it. I ran SledgeHammer, selected option 2 (for the Minitool), but I am not being presented with the option to update Office. The second image on this page Windows Update MiniTool is a third-party client for updating Windows - gHacks Tech News suggests that Office updates should be available - what am I doing wrong?

Note, on my system, I am offered the following three update services: Windows Update, DCat Fighting Prod, and Windows Store (DCat Prod).

Thank you.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 2,313
    Windows 10

There is no problem with MS Office 2010 updates, I use it, they come from Windows updates.

Settings > Update and Security > Advanced options > Receive updates for other MS products when you update Windows.

The paranoid referenced article about making Win 10 look like Win 7 is bordering on sabotage, at best obsessively ridiculous.
      My Computer

3. Posts : 11,590
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1776

I agree with Helmet but do note that the Minitool has a dropdown list of update services that needs to be set to
    Microsoft update
    rather than just
    Windows update

Denis

PS I do not have a high regard for that linked article either. I note, in particular, that there is a typo in the line
    give me total control over the machine, such as disabling UAC
    which should have read
    potentially give hackers total control over the machine without the user noticing, by disabling UAC
      My Computer

4. Posts : 13
    Win 10

SledgeHammer offers two tools for updating - Minitool and WuMgr. Turns out the Minitool is the older of the two and (I believe) is not longer supported. I tried WuMgr and it provided access to the MS Office updates as expected. Thanks for your help!
      My Computer

5. Posts : 7,118
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Install Office 2010 then Service Pack 2 which will save some time in updating it. Then Windows Update should find the later updates.

Service Pack 2 file name is - Service Pack 2 officesp2010-kb2687455-fullfile-x86-en-us.exe

See https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/down....aspx?id=39667
      My Computers

6. Posts : 97
    Windows 10

Hi, I'm the author of Sledgehammer. Windows Update Manager (WuMgr) registers Microsoft Update automatically in the script so that it always finds Office 2010 updates. I would like to remove Windows Update Mini Tool (WUMT) from the project but I have lots of requests to leave it in, so I guess it stays until everyone agrees that it's no longer needed.
      My Computer