Errors with Outlook Auto Complete

1. Posts : 229
    Windows 10

Errors with Outlook Auto Complete

Over the last 2 -3 days, emails sent to a group of people are received OK but the display in the To field of the copy I have on my Sent folder and the display on the recipients To field in the received email is wrong.
    For example, I send an email and Auto Complete fills in -
    John <[email protected]>; Bill <[email protected]; Joan <[email protected]>
    John, Bill and Joan all get the email but in their version of it, in the To field, it reads John <[email protected]>;
    Mary <[email protected]> and Fred <[email protected] address3>
    My copy in the Sent folder has the same thing in the To field,

John, Bill and Joan all get the email but Mary and Fred (who are listed in my Autocomplete file) do not, so could be worse!!

All 5 people's addresses are in my AutoCompete file Stream_Autocomplete ....... dat and are correct.
    I have looked at the file using NK2Edit (the updated version that works with the latest Outlook and Windows). I have deleted the original file and created a new one. But while addresses are correctly Autocompleted, the display in the To field after sending is corrupted as above.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 27,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1

Can I ask how you deleted the Auto Complete? Was it through Outlook Options?

Have you checked email address for each contact and while in each record check for a second email address.

If you send an email to just Joan <[email protected]> does it get messed up with Fred?

If you change order of email, start with Mary, then Fred etc do you still get corruption?
      My Computer

3. Posts : 229
    Windows 10

Q1 - No - I used NK2Edit.
    Q2 - Yes
    Q3 / 4 - I think the problem is related to when I send an email to several people.

I am probably saying what you know but for those who don't know, I'll add it.
    There is a program called NK2Edit (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_edit.html) which allows direct edit of the AutoComplete file. This file used to be a stand alone file but in later versions was incorporated into the Outlook PST file. So for a while NK2 no longer worked. It was updated and this is what it says now about it can be found at https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outloo...e_changes.html
      My Computer

4. Posts : 27,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1

I don't use that tool. If I want to wipe file I go into Options and use the outlook tool. If I want to remove a name, say an old address, when it appears in the suggestion list I just click on the X and it is deleted from file.

Might try wiping with tool Outlook provides.

Still would be interested if you changed order of addresses does the third address get corrupt and then the last two don't get email.
      My Computer