MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

1. Posts : 79
    win 10

MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake

I'm hoping there is someone here with experience with MS outlook email.
    I use Microsoft Office 2007 outlook for my mail and made an error setting up account, when I input out going mail I put "mail@plus.net" instead of "mail.plus.net".
    When I try to login to my mail I get errors but tried and tried can't get into program to correct this.
    I'd be realy gratefull if someone can help please.
    Following pictures are of what I get
    MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake-first-box.png

MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake-next-box.png
    MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake-final-box.png

My Computer

2. Posts : 16,946
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

Delete the email account from Outlook and start again

Outlook, Tools, Account settings, EMail tab, [select the email account in question], Remove

Denis
      My Computer

3. Posts : 79
    win 10

Hi Dennis
    Thank you for the reply, however!! not as simple as that! if it was I'd had tried that, can't get into program at all, just get the messages I've sent images of then it closes down.
    I'm only assuming the mistake I made is causing the problem, however! could be something else, my first thought was to start again, but as I've said can't get into program.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2

Try3 said:
    Delete the email account from Outlook and start again

Outlook, Tools, Account settings, EMail tab, [select the email account in question], Remove

Denis
    Instead of the above try... Control Panel > Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016). Under Mail Setup - Outlook, click Email Accounts..., and see if you can delete the email account in question.

MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake-outlook-mail.png

The difference is Denis' opens Outlook, Going through the Mail Setup doesn't.
      My Computers

5. Posts : 79
    win 10

Thanks again
    As usual I'm making a oigs ear out of things! tried that and got this message
    MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake-after-trying-delete-account.png
      My Computer

6. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2

No, try deleting the e-mail account itself, from the "Email" tab, not the Data files tab. I believe that's your problem, you're trying to delete the data file, with the account still there. Delete the email account itself.

Anyway if that doesn't work, you may have no other choice but to uninstall Outlook itself, than reinstall and start fresh.

BTW is this your personal account on your personal machine, or a corporate machine and account?
      My Computers

7. Posts : 16,946
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

I agree with both sygnus21 posts - use
    Control panel, Mail (32-bit), EMail accounts, EMail tab, [select the email account in question], Remove

{I had misunderstood a bit of your original post and did not appreciate that you could not open Outlook}

I know no reason why this procedure should not work but if it does not you can try Control panel, Progs & features, right-click on Microsoft Office 2007, Change, Repair, Continue, ...
    - This is a lot easier than a reinstallation but I have never been forced to use it in these circumstances so I do not know if it will fix this particular problem i.e. if it will allow you to get into Outlook again in order to sort out that email account yourself.
    - If this does not fix it then I agree that you will need to reinstall Outlook.

Denis
      My Computer

8. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2

Denis, the reason I went with uninstalling is the "repair" method won't (shouldn't) remove an email account. But nothing beats a failure but a try, so yes give "repair" a try before uninstalling.

That said, I'm hopeful the OP's issue was that he was trying to remove the "data file" first instead of removing the actual email account. Thus that last error. Removing the actual email account should clear things. If not, try the repair, than uninstall if all else fails.

My two cents.
      My Computers

9. Posts : 79
    win 10

Personal account on personal PC in my home.
    I tried account first and got this, I think I may have to uninstall as you suggest, even if it means uninstalling office 2007 complete and re-installing.
    Attachment 248042
      My Computer

10. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2

Then something weird is going on because you should be able to delete the account without issue. And for Microsoft Exchange issues, you'll need to speak to your IT department on that account.

Anyway it's been ages since I used Office 2007 as I'm currently running Office 365.

Good luck.

BTW your link is issuing an Invalid attachment warning from this site...

MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake-invalid-attachment.png
      My Computers