Can't get any help Word 2016 cannot remove delete or repairText Box

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1. Posts : 27,662
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1

No you delete that one line and close regedit

According to video
      My Computer

2. Posts : 224
    21H1 (os 19043.1110) Windows 10 Home (x64) Windows 10 Home (x64)

Reply to Ken

G/day Ken also had a response from MS Office and that's led me know where it seem as if I get to the Last step and it's not there' I will go back to your Idea and delete the one line I will be back Dasha

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ken and Brinks its a deal by MS that if I pay for more room for One Drive I can use online access to use word' which means to me that my paid for version is no-loner?
    I tried every solution offered nothing has worked period, it looks like back to Google Docs for me. Thanks again to all of you you do a great job for people like me. Kindest regards Dasha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't get any help Word 2016 cannot remove delete or repairText Box-ken-ten-forums-ms-office-forum-they-telling-me-i-have-office-2016-isn-t-2019-09-25_.jpg  
      My Computer

3. Posts : 224

Re-open Text box or Border embedded

Good Morning I am trying to Re-open this thread if I may? I was being helped buy Ken and Brinks and others 3 months go but at that time’ try as they did, t just would not Repair MS Word?
    This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread. all the Screen shot here and the 3 New one's will help I hope

Somehow whether from a Dodgy Cut and Paste from a Web site the Cursor is Locked inside Text Box with a “Punctuation Correction” Icon blinking this is in every New Doc I start I have discovered I have 2 Versions of MS Office running ?

I have discovered I have 2 Versions of MS Office installed

@ (C) Program Files > MS Office 15 > ‎Monday, ‎23 ‎September 19, - Client x 64
    28-Nov -19 -14:13 –IntergratedOffice.exe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Says error :You have Newer Version of MS office Installed

28-Nov–19- 14:13 -OfficeClicktoRun.exe
    and

@ (C) Program Files (x86) MS Office 16>>> This has all the Files inside that it should??

Please see all the old Attachment and posts and the 4 New ones

I had many startup problems when I bought MS Office and MS has reinstalled it at least 4 times? I still have the original Key Code

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't get any help Word 2016 cannot remove delete or repairText Box-word-doc-3-months-posted-before-reopening-text-box-border-stuck-cannot-deletekkgimjdvnx.png   Can't get any help Word 2016 cannot remove delete or repairText Box-2-3-you-have-newer-version-office-installed2019-12-13_16h05_50.jpg  
      My Computer

4. Posts : 27,662

Dasha, how customized is your overall system?

Do you have a lot of third party apps that are customized?

I know this is not a fix and I know how most react when Clean install is mentioned. That said in a number of situation it is the fastest way to get back to a solid working foundation.
      My Computer

5. Posts : 224

Hi Ken Yes Mate I have way too much Junk and heaps of errors and issues, I was setting up for a clean install, and I will get back to doing just that ASAP.
    I really thought having MS Office15 and MS Office16 may have been a clue, but if you think the C Inst, is a good chance then that's what I will do my OS is a mess. Re your last in Sept' I had installed AOMEI Backup and run it also an ISO of the Op system, its still on a FAT32 USB here I have another Word program i can endure until after Christmas, Do you think I should close this thread and start again Regards Dasha
    Last edited by Dasha; 16 Dec 2019 at 11:36.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 27,662

No I wouldn't close it until it is solved.

I would not have two Offices installed, I've had a issue in the past. Office 2013 and Office 2010, Outlook would occasionally not send mail. Recently I installed Office 365 on a system with Office 2013 and no issues. Which indicates what Windows problem resolution always boils down to --- it depends.

I mentioned the clean install as it does cure countless unexplained / unfixable items. I know its a lot of work.

If you do a clean install I would create an Image with your tool of the clean system with all apps installed. Then keep this image and use it in the place of a clean. This allows you to do the equivalent of a clean in about an hour.
      My Computer

7. Posts : 5,829
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2

Dasha said:
    Good Morning I am trying to Re-open this thread if I may? I was being helped buy Ken and Brinks and others 3 months go but at that time’ try as they did, t just would not Repair MS Word?

Can't get any help Word 2016 cannot remove delete or repairText Box-paragraph-mark-showing.png
    What you show in your image is called the paragraph mark....

Can't get any help Word 2016 cannot remove delete or repairText Box-paragraph-mark-.jpg

and it can be turned off by a simple click of the paragraph button under the Home tab, under the Paragraph section...

Can't get any help Word 2016 cannot remove delete or repairText Box-paragraph-mark-off.jpg
      My Computers

8. Posts : 27,662

Think Dasha issue is text box not the symbol. No matter what a text box appears.
      My Computer

9. Posts : 224

Caledon Ken said:
    Think Dasha issue is text box not the symbol. No matter what a text box appears.
    That's it Word is unusable I can have twenty pages of it and Scroll it back to that one little Box and there is stays

We Got rid of one Issue Ken' I turned that Paragraph mark off and it got the Message
    I will Get a few tips for your method of a Clean Install if I can please Ken

Okay what should I do about this Text Box should we find out what happens if I delete MS OFFICE 15 that would be another step in the right Direction Kindest Regards Dasha
      My Computer

10. Posts : 5,829
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2

Dasha said:
    Hi KenI have tried to uninstall and reinstall MS Word etc and it made no difference"
    I find it extremely odd that you say you uninstalled and reinstalled Word yet the issue remains. Are you sure you completely uninstalled the entire Office suite or do you just have Word? If you have the entire suite that's what you need to uninstall, not just Word.

Anyway my suggestion would be to completely uninstall all instances of Office (that includes both instances of Office you say you have) then reinstall Office 2016 and see what happens. If the issue persists then you might consider a clean install of Windows followed by a clean install of Office.

My two cents.
      My Computers