Word(Office 2019) can't convert pdf files / Outlook crashes pst import

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Posts : 14
    Windows 10 64bit

ddelo said:
    Nothing yet from Adobe. They are trying to see what is going on, but it looks like a Microsoft problem with COM addins.
    As for the Outlook issue, I'm afraid I don't have anything.
    I also forgot to mention that having this issue, I uninstalled Office 2019 and reinstalled Office 2016. Same problem there as well, so I'm wondering would this issue have something to do with Windows 10 Pro 1809 version itself? I had 1803/1709 in the past and then all office software were funtioning just fine. Did clean installation of 1809 and nothing seems to work well anymore. Would enybody know hot to download Windows 10 1709 or 1803 from Microsoft? Media creation tool only gives the 1809 version....
      My Computer

2. Posts : 14
    Windows 10 64bit

pietcorus2 said:
    Look in options , file-blocking , etc.
    I'm affraid that these kind of replies and messages doesn't help that much.....but hey, thanks anyway
      My Computer

3. Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Risto said:
    I also forgot to mention that having this issue, I uninstalled Office 2019 and reinstalled Office 2016. Same problem there as well, so I'm wondering would this issue have something to do with Windows 10 Pro 1809 version itself? I had 1803/1709 in the past and then all office software were funtioning just fine. Did clean installation of 1809 and nothing seems to work well anymore. Would enybody know hot to download Windows 10 1709 or 1803 from Microsoft? Media creation tool only gives the 1809 version....

I'm on Office 2016 and have similar problems. Your 1st screenshot is exactly the same as mine (enabled PDFMaker, non-fuctional), just in English

Just to quickly describe it:

Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Add-in is enabled in Word 2016. ACROBAT tab is visible in the ribbon, but all of its options are disabled. Word cannot create pdf, but worse than that, it cannot save any type of file.
    Once the add-in in Word is disabled, the ACROBAT tab as it supposed vanishes, pdf cannot be created, but at least Word can save files.
    Moreover, regardless of the Acrobat PDFMaker add-in status in Word (i.e enabled or disabled), when right clicking on any Word document and selecting convert to pdf, the pdf is not created and I get an error message “Unable to open the document. Please check if you have read permission for the file”, which apparently is not the case, as I’m the owner of the file with Full access.
    This behavior applies only to Word 2016. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook work seamlessly.

Word(Office 2019) can't convert pdf files / Outlook crashes pst import-word2016pdf.png

And definitely is a 1809 problem. I didn't have it in 1803 or before
      My Computer

4. Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Risto said:
    Would enybody know hot to download Windows 10 1709 or 1803 from Microsoft? Media creation tool only gives the 1809 version....

Use this Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
      My Computer

5. Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Pro x64

OK...finally solved!

Errors solved:
    1. Word cannot save files if COM addins are enabled
    2. Acrobat PDFMaker addin (or other COM addins), although visible in Word ribbon, all its options are disabled.
    3. Import/Export function in Outlook does not work and Outlook crashes when trying to import or export.
    4. Adding an ActiveX control or recording a Macro in any Office application does not run.

All the above problems in version 1809 pertain to the regional settings (culture) used. I was using en-150 (English Europe)!
    Users with "special" Windows regional settings (i.e. “UserCustomCulture”), need to change these settings to a “FrameworkCulture”.

There are several “UserCustomCulture” in Windows 10, to be precise 640 of them. Some examples of these “UserCustomCulture” are :
    English (Europe), English (Austria), English (Bahamas), English (Cyprus), English (Germany), English (Netherlands), French (Morocco), German (Belgium), Greek (Cyprus), Russian (Ukraine), Spanish (United States), Spanish (Latin America) etc

To find out if you’re using a “UserCustomCulture” format do the following:
    Open an elevated PowerShell and type the command:
    Code:
    [System.Globalization.CultureInfo]::GetCultures([System.Globalization.CultureTypes]::AllCultures) | Where-Object {$_.Name -EQ $(Get-Culture)} | FL
    Check the “CultureTypes” property to see if it is UserCustomCulture.
    If it is and most probably is, since you’re having any or all of the above problems, then you have to find another culture to use.

Examples of "FrameworkCulture" are:
    English (United States), English (United Kingdom), English (Ireland), French (France), German (Germany), Greek (Greece), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain) etc.

To find a non-UserCustomCulture, i.e. a FrameworkCulture, in PowerShell type the following command:
    Code:
    [System.Globalization.CultureInfo]::GetCultures([System.Globalization.CultureTypes]::AllCultures) | where Culturetypes -Match 'FrameworkCultures' | select LCID, KeyboardLayoutId, Name, DisplayName | Sort DisplayName | FT -AutoSize

Check the long list that will be produced (203 entries) and make a note of the culture that suits your needs.

Now go to Control Panel > Region > Formats tab
    and under Format choose the “FrameworkCulture” you selected from the previous PowerShell command.
    Choose Apply and reboot.

All your problems have been solved!

HTH. Dimitri
    Last edited by ddelo; 30 Jan 2019 at 12:30.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Professionnel

Thank you 1000x ! 72 hours waiting ☺

Jose H.
      My Computer

7. Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Pro x64

jhagenbu said:
    Thank you 1000x ! 72 hours waiting ☺

Jose H.
    Hi Jose and welcome to TenForums.
    Glad it helped you, resolving it!
      My Computer

8. Posts : 750
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bits

ddelo said:
    Check the “CultureTypes” property to see if it is UserCustomCulture.
    If it is and most probably is, since you’re having any or all of the above problems, then you have to find another culture to use.
    HTH. Dimitri
    Good job Dimitri...

I was hoping that this would help me saving Office 2013 documents in PDF, but no such luck. My system only have this issue; everything else, including the Foxit Phantom PDF add-in work jut fine.

Oh well, I'll keep your solution in mind, if I'll be crazy enough to update MS Office 2013...
      My Computer

9. Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Cr00zng said:
    Good job Dimitri...

I was hoping that this would help me saving Office 2013 documents in PDF, but no such luck. My system only have this issue; everything else, including the Foxit Phantom PDF add-in work jut fine.

Oh well, I'll keep your solution in mind, if I'll be crazy enough to update MS Office 2013...
    Thanks and I'm sorry that didn't resolve your issue.
    Just out of curiosity, after reading the problem you have. Is your user account a member of the Administrators group?
    If not, it would be a good idea to sign in as a user of the Administrators group, make your user an Administrator and sign in again to see if the problem is resolved. Just an idea....
      My Computer