Office 2016 install on machine with several windows users

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Posts : 2,487
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

That's cool, Kari.

It shows I now have Office 14 Retail Channel, aka Office 2010.

Any idea why the sellers like Amazon and New Egg don't include the SKU to maybe eliminate some confusion?

I don't even know if MS includes printed SKUs on retail boxes anymore. I just noticed they haven't been apparent in online store advertising for several years.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 4,201
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP

@ignatzatsonic Microsoft and many other Tech companies have a policy of setting prices for identical products differently depending on the market, how they derive these prices is not public knowledge but you will often see items for sale in India at a far lower price than that charged in Indiana.

Here in the UK we are all used to many items from the USA seeming that they are priced just by changing the $ for a £ So a $100 item is sold here for £100 which even at todays bad rate of £1=$1.28 is a large enough price premium, obviously there are also sales tax differences to be considered so rthe actual difference can change in relation to the location in the US
      My Computers

3. Posts : 1,345
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@ignatzatsonic I did some web searches because I'm interested in the same issue you asked about and didn't find any consistency in the answers. I'm glad for the responses in this thread. When I get a new computer, I'm going to use the same Microsoft account as I have now. Since I purchased my product on-line via the Microsoft Store, my information is recorded. I suspect if I uninstall my product on my present computer and I’ll be able to install it on the new computer.

Last year, I did a clean install on my computer and it was very easy to re-install it. I did expect that re-installing my Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 to work especially since it was on the same computer and it was very easy to do that.
    --- I believe I used the link that Kari mentioned in post #6.
    --- I did wonder if I’d be able to do the same when I get a new computer unless Microsoft changes the rules: thanks to the advice provided it looks like it will be alright to do so.

And thanks to you for bringing up this issue.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 11,247
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux

Barman58 said:
    @ignatzatsonic Microsoft and many other Tech companies have a policy of setting prices for identical products differently depending on the market, how they derive these prices is not public knowledge but you will often see items for sale in India at a far lower price than that charged in Indiana.

Here in the UK we are all used to many items from the USA seeming that they are priced just by changing the $ for a £ So a $100 item is sold here for £100 which even at todays bad rate of £1=$1.28 is a large enough price premium, obviously there are also sales tax differences to be considered so rthe actual difference can change in relation to the location in the US
    Hi there
    @Barman58

it's not always as bad as that since in the US prices are invariably shown BEFORE sales tax / VAT etc charged, whereas in the UK and EU generally prices typically are shown INCLUDING VAT.

With dollar <> GBP rate @ around 1.28 USD per 1 GBP and taking VAT into account prices aren't always that much cheaper in USA - - especially if you use places like amazon where you might also get free shipping. Also a lot of people can get VAT refunds too so that makes the item(s) cheaper.

Hint to people importing from USA to Europe -- not sure about UK but most other EU countries and EEA ones allow "Educational Material" to be imported without any tax -- this includes a huge variety of "digital devices" so any hardware / software you can import from USA shouldn't attract any import duties,

Certainly before UK Brexit referendum (not politics so bare with me) when US/GBP rate was far higher then there really was a huge disparity in price.

If you really want cheap it's worth trying to source stuff in China etc -- funnily enough anything I've ordered from China has duly arrived -- I wouldn't worry about Chinese companies not delivering what you've ordered -- the main problem is any documentation of the product is likely to be in Cantonese or Mandarin so up to you to work out how to use the product !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer