Windows 10: Excel In Office Home & Student 2016 Global Changes Solved

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       04 Jul 2018 #21

While I wouldn't hold breath waiting for immediate fix have you provided feedback to MS. Could be you have found a bug.

Worth reporting.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
       04 Jul 2018 #22

Hadn't thought about Feedback. I'll get on that right away.

Edit:

Feedback submitted. Managed to explain it in a text shorter than an Epistle with a couple of images. Doubt MS is going to jump through hoops over my minor bug. We'll see ...
    Last edited by Wiley Coyote; 04 Jul 2018 at 15:30.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

04 Jul 2018 #23

I wouldn't blame anyone for NOT believing this. But after umpteen routines of setting and saving, both individually and as groups, it's all back to normal. Displays and prints with Sheet Options selections saved. FWIW, this was not an exercise in futility. I learned a lot about Excel through this. Didn't know as much as I thought I did.

Thanks to each of you that offered your suggestions and help. It is much appreciated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       04 Jul 2018 #24

Wow.

Great news.... the wonders of Software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

05 Jul 2018 #25

Well H E Double Hockey Sticks! As of this morning it's all reverted back to Gridlines OFF and Headings ON! I'm just going to live with it and continue to fight it as I go along.

Damnit! It ain't easy being me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

6.    10 Jul 2018 #26

I've got the same problem on both a Win 7 & 10 pc & have 2 printers. It's been driving me crazy! I chatted with Microsoft & she had me do an online repair which didn't work. Today I uninstalled & reinstalled on both computers. One spreadsheet on the Win 10 is working, but none of the others. These are shared spreadsheets. I tried opening one that I hadn't accessed in over a year, same thing - no gridlines. Please let me know if anyone finds a fix. I use these s.s. all the time for home-based business.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

10 Jul 2018 #27

The settings "swap" (on and off) back and forth independently on their own. I can set them, save go to the Home Tab, come back to check and they're swapped back. Sometimes. Sometimes NOT.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

8.    10 Jul 2018 #28

In post #23, you mention "it's all back to normal" Unfortunately it didn't last but with this months WU updates due anytime, leave everything alone and see if getting back to normal happens and stays.

I have Office Home & Student 2016. I create my own "templates" of Word & Excel and haven't changed Global settings or created templates via Microsoft's recommendations because when I tried it one time in a prior edition it didn't go well. Since you are talking about Excel, in my case I call it My Excel template and hasn't failed me yet. I don't know if you like that idea but I thought I would mention it in case WU's aren't helpful .
      My ComputersSystem Spec

9.    10 Jul 2018 #29

Microsoft knows about the problem & it seems to be related to an update, but the update has to do with Mac & 365. I've got Home & Student PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

10 Jul 2018 #30

LOL, I'm Shocked. Most problems have "something" to do with an update. I'm running the same Home & Student 2016 here.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast