Windows 10: Onedrive 'x' sync status problem

1.    27 Jun 2018 #1

Onedrive 'x' sync status problem

Office 365/Win10

I've developed an 'x' in the status column adjacent to several folders/files on the local instance of \Onedrive.

I've unlinked Onedrive, deleted any local 0KB files and found none to delete on the server. I relinked the account but the 'x's' are still there.

I then attempted to uninstall Onedrive "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall" and then install "%Systemroot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe". That didn't work. The installer said Onedrive was still installed.

So before I reboot and try that again I thought I'd run the problem by you all.

Any suggestions?

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Onedrive error.PNG   image.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.   My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    27 Jun 2018 #3

Thanks but the suggestions there are very limited. I may have found the culprit. I had 'File on demand' checked. I unchecked and once all the data is downloaded that was not due to the check we'll see if that doesn't resolve the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4.    03 Aug 2018 #4

Had that issue a couple weeks ago, with a client at work. In our case at least, OneDrive's storage capacity was maxed out. Had to disable syncing of local folders - which the client didn't want backed up anyway - then clear/remove those files from her account on the OneDrive website to resolve it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Related Threads
Onedrive has ceased to sync in Software and Apps
Good afternoon Without warning, Onedrive has ceased to sync. The little ticks have disappeared and the icon is missing from the system tray. If I launch the programme manually nothing happens. I shall of course continue to ferret around but...
OneDrive Sync in General Support
Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get...
Onedrive sync errors in Software and Apps
I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even...
Solved OneDrive Sync Issue in Software and Apps
Has anyone who actually upgraded noticed that OneDrive is continuing to sync files? Since upgrading to 10 on Wednesday One drive has been trying to sync this file... ...
I am have two problems with 1DfB. 1. It won't let me choose a sync location on my other hard drive. Could it be becase that Hardrive is formatted to exFAT? The error I get says: Sorry, we can't save your documents to the chosen location. Try...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd