Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    23 Jun 2018 #1

Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

I am constantly getting a request to enter my username and password when trying to use Outlook 2010.

Even after entering what I think is the correct password, (I have tried others just in case I have got it wrong but I am pretty certain I am not wrong) I still get the message. I have tried going through the complete set up procedure but this doesn't solve anything either.

I have also tried pretty much everything that I can find on Google but, without any joy whatsoever.

I don't think that I will get over the problem even if I uninstall Microsoft Office and then re-install it, or will I?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    23 Jun 2018 #2

When I used outlook 2010 I never had to enter a password. I'm now using outlook 2016 and never had to enter a password.

Are you talking about Outlook.com?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    23 Jun 2018 #3

If I'm honest I don't know, I am looking at my Google @gmail.com account by using Microsoft Outlook 2010. Does that help any?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4.    23 Jun 2018 #4

MS Outlook 2010 ..... should be apart of MS Office 2010. If that is what you have...then you are indeed using the email client. In which case there is no part of the email client that requires a password to use it.

Can you post some screenshots of what you're talking about.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

5.    23 Jun 2018 #5

Hope this helps. Thank you for trying to sort my problem, much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outlook error message.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	193303
      My ComputerSystem Spec

6.    23 Jun 2018 #6

Ahhhh....now we're getting somewhere. This usually do to some type of corruption with the email server and uninstalling account and reinstalling usually fixes that.

But since this is with a gmail account and I just recently went through this. It's a setting in Chrome, specifically the less secure apps toggle. Toggle that to off. Once you do that it will start working just fine.

Allow or disallow less secure apps to access accounts - Cloud Identity Help
      My ComputerSystem Spec

7.    23 Jun 2018 #7

Here's a video on it.....

Allow less secure apps: ON to access outlook - YouTube

Embedded Video is not supported in Internet Explorer - Watch on youtube
      My ComputerSystem Spec

8.    23 Jun 2018 #8

whatever I try I can't seem to get at the secure apps toggle. I tried to sign into an administrator account to make the changes but I get a message to say that this isn't available to me.

Am I doing something wrong here?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

9.    23 Jun 2018 #9

Bluenose1940 said: View Post
    whatever I try I can't seem to get at the secure apps toggle. I tried to sign into an administrator account to make the changes but I get a message to say that this isn't available to me.

Am I doing something wrong here?
    You have to be signed into Chrome. Once signed in, go to your account like it shows in the video and make said changes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

10.    24 Jun 2018 #10

Thank you Plankton, I have now found it but, the 'Less secure Apps' was already turned off.

I have turned it back on and then did a re-boot but the same problem is still there. I then went back in and turned it off again and the did another reboot and yes the problem remains.

I am totally baffled by this. I do get another error message via my email and I wonder if this image of it might help you further. I really appreciate your efforts to help me, so thanks again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Google mail message.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	193387
    Last edited by Bluenose1940; 24 Jun 2018 at 03:15.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast